Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    ALo starts day 1, I think.
    So if Landry stays, are you thinking he moves to the 2, Austin moves to the 3 with Duff at the 4? That could be an incredibly difficult group to defend.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      ALo starts day 1, I think.
      I guess it's possible, but he'll have to know Marshall's system inside and out. When is the last time we had a true freshman guard (PG) start from day one?

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty Taylor was real close. It didn't work out well. Fr PG is always a crap shoot. Day 1 of conference play might be more accurate than Day 1 of the season.

• I don't think it matters who's at the 2 or who's at the 3. All you really need for a post player with that lineup is a 7', 280 lb. screening machine who can execute a pick-n-roll. It seems we have one of those in the building.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I guess it's possible, but he'll have to know Marshall's system inside and out. When is the last time we had a true freshman guard (PG) start from day one?
        We have practically nobody returning. Next year is different.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
          ShockdaWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          Landry (probably), Austin, CJ, Samajae, Duff...practically nobody

• shocks02
          shocks02 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think you can overlook how important it'll be for Midtgaard and Rod to have a year of D1 practice and surroundings under their belt either.

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
        Reminds me a little of Joe Ragland with the flash of Fridge Holman.
        I was thinking a combo of Fred and Armstead

Comment

• MadaboutWu
          MadaboutWu commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope he continues to wear Armstead's number 2!

• I can't wait to see ALo in Shocker black and gold. He is going to be one fantastic addition to our program.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Alex Lomax
          25 Points
          5 Ast
          9-12 from field
          29 mins
          Played against Harris which only scored 10 pts. I’m liking this kid a lot!

Comment

• shocker43
            shocker43 commented
            Editing a comment
            According to Twitter A Lo was matched up against Harris all night, too. We got the right guy!

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            And Harris only dropped 10 points (he's normally in the 30+ range) ... soooo Alo's defense was on point.

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
          Alex Lomax
          25 Points
          5 Ast
          9-12 from field
          29 mins
          Played against Harris which only scored 10 pts. I’m liking this kid a lot!
          "I like it a lot!"
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Mutual respect as East eliminates Cordova

"I came to see my boy Tyler drop 50," said a Cordova fan standing in line waiting for the doors to open at East High on Monday.

Comment

• Is lomax friends with Rod Brown who is red shirting? I thought I remember reading there is a connection. Would that also help sway Lomax to stay with his LOI, even if Penny gets the Memphis job?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Settle down, mj. You get to change your mind if the coach with whom you signed leaves, not if the coach who didn't sign you leaves (regardless of who replaces him)

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                Penny was a “surrogate” father to ALo. There will almost certainly be a reconsideration. Not that he will actually go to Memphis, but you know it has to go through his head at some point.

• WheatShock
                WheatShock commented
                Editing a comment
                If ALo has the kind of character we think he does and that Marshall tends to recruit i'm sure he'll stand by his commitment.

• I'm not going to worry...

Alex Lomax is ranked as one of the top 5 high school basketball recruits in the state of Tennessee. The standout recently signed with Wichita State.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This is what's wrong with social media. No one knows what Alo is thinking. It's fair to say that it wouldn't surprise you if he was thinking about changing his mind. But to say he "must be thinking" is not a good post imo.

Comment

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I don’t think anybody said that.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                This is what's wrong with social media. No one knows what Alo is thinking. It's fair to say that it wouldn't surprise you if he was thinking about changing his mind. But to say he "must be thinking" is not a good post imo.
                This is an internet forum, not social media, and literally no one said "must be thinking" in the prior posts above yours.

Solid take otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

This is an internet forum, not social media, and literally no one said "must be thinking" in the prior posts above yours.

Solid take otherwise.
                  The exact words "almost certain"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The exact words "almost certain"
                    You might try and find the quote, and I think you will be surprised. My comment was probably the closest in that, “it has to go through his head at some point.”
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                    X