No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This kind of sounds like someone else who recently donned the Black and Yellow at the point:

“It gives them that leader to build around,” said Eric Bossi, another Rivals analyst. “Lomax is one of those guys who isn’t the quickest and he doesn’t jump through the roof and he doesn’t have the prettiest stats, but bottom-line his teams win. His teammates will run through a wall for him. When it’s time to make a big shot, he’s going to hit it. He just has a way about him of elevating the play of the guys around him.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• WuShock16
      WuShock16 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just told my friend the same thing earlier today.

• So, Lomax is a VanVleet type of player and Stevenson is a Baker type of player. I could live with that for another 4 years.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      So, Lomax is a VanVleet type of player and Stevenson is a Baker type of player. I could live with that for another 4 years.
      And the other 4 guys are good mix of power (Chandler and Udeze) and length (Echinique and Moore).

If these guys can bring even 60% of the toughness and character that Ron and Fred had we will be in good shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        This kind of sounds like someone else who recently donned the Black and Yellow at the point:

“It gives them that leader to build around,” said Eric Bossi, another Rivals analyst. “Lomax is one of those guys who isn’t the quickest and he doesn’t jump through the roof and he doesn’t have the prettiest stats, but bottom-line his teams win. His teammates will run through a wall for him. When it’s time to make a big shot, he’s going to hit it. He just has a way about him of elevating the play of the guys around him.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
        Marshall: He's just a winner. He wins. He won in AAU. He won in high school. I saw him go against teams with four and five high-major BCS prospects and he was by far the highest rated prospect on his team and his team would always win. Those guys who continually take shots at him will ultimately wise up. All he does is win. (3G on Fred in 2014)

Comment

• In Lomax, I see the assets of both FVV and Joe Griffin in one package and what a chiseled athlete and tough minded player on both sides of the floor!!! When your fellow teammates will run through a wall in your behalf, that displays top-notched leadership. When your motto is "let no man outwork you," that will be even more contagious as it already is here at 21st and Hillside with all the 'Sensational 6' joining our existing players. This is a big day here at WSU today and we don't even play until Friday for real !!!!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Love this young man and his new teammate-to-be, Erik Stevenson. Sounds like they're already working together. The American is about to learn that 3G doesn't rebuild, he reloads.

Comment

• Is it really too early to say..."DAMN, I AM ALREADY EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR TOO!"

Comment

• Congrats. Great pick-up!

Comment

• This is a perfect situation. Lomax will get a year to learn under Samajae (and possibly even Landry) and then he'll be ready to take over the starting, leadership role. Just like Fred and Armstud. Lomax will be a 3 year starter for sure.

Incredible way to put the cap on this class. The Sensational 6.

Comment

• Wichita State is Point Guard U. This is a perfect fit.

Comment

• Alex says he'll sign his LOI next Wednesday, on the last day of the fall signing period. Hope the fax machine is working that day.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm very happy and excited about what Lomax can give WSU, but I'll count him once he actually signs the LOI. Why wait?

• Interview with A-Lo's dad from today (podcast from Parrish's show):

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the interview, Royal -- very reassuring. As I said before, I don't have any particular reason to doubt Lomax's commitment; I just don't assume anything until the LOI is signed. But after hearing the interview, it sounds as though he is indeed fully committed and ready to go, and that he's simply waiting until next Wednesday to have an actual signing ceremony type of event.

I'll still feel more certain after the signature occurs. but his dad's comments left little doubt that Alex is ready to come in and Play Angry. So, welcome Alex!

• I certainly don't want to limit Alex. He may become a starter next year. Who knows? If he's the best, he needs to start. Landry is versatile and can play both guard spots and Samajae can also play both. Good Luck to Alo and welcome to Shocker country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I certainly don't want to limit Alex. He may become a starter next year. Who knows? If he's the best, he needs to start. Landry is versatile and can play both guard spots and Samajae can also play both. Good Luck to Alo and welcome to Shocker country.
                        VanVleet never started his freshman year...but he sure did his sophomore year. Same will probably happen for A-Lo.

Comment

• You can bet 3G will play whoever gives us the best chance to win. The good thing is, us fans have no say in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X