No announcement yet.

Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAU coach by all accounts I've heard (in person) wants him to go to Ole Miss

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      AAU coach by all accounts I've heard (in person) wants him to go to Ole Miss
      Dangerous ground now, with all that is going on.

Comment

• Ole Miss is a Nike school.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Team Penny = Nike
          Ole Miss = Nike

Comment

• If that’s what motivates him to go to Ole Miss (not saying it is), best of luck to him.

I want WSU to have players that want to be apart of this program, and buy into the Shocker way. (Not worry about shoe deals). If that’s A-Lo, then I would love to have him.

Also, if you are good enough, all companies will offer you a shoe deal in the NBA and you’ll get your pick of the bunch. Seems dumb to marry yourself off the market before you’ve maxed out your leveraging potential.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              If that’s what motivates him to go to Ole Miss (not saying it is), best of luck to him.

I want WSU to have players that want to be apart of this program, and buy into the Shocker way. (Not worry about shoe deals). If that’s A-Lo, then I would love to have him.

Also, if you are good enough, all companies will offer you a shoe deal in the NBA and you’ll get your pick of the bunch. Seems dumb to marry yourself off the market before you’ve maxed out your leveraging potential.
              It's not that they all necessarily think that they are getting shoe deals, the coaches opinions probably hold a lot of weight (especially Penny Hardaway) and they seem to magically think that the best fit for their players is to go to a school that has the same sponsorship as their AAU teams; because they are getting paid to.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                It's not that they all necessarily think that they are getting shoe deals, the coaches opinions probably hold a lot of weight (especially Penny Hardaway) and they seem to magically think that the best fit for their players is to go to a school that has the same sponsorship as their AAU teams; because they are getting paid to.
                Good point. I should have also included that in my statement.

If going to a school “sole”ly (see what I did there ;)) because that school is endorsed by a particular brand/shoe company, whether by coach suggestion or because you think it helps your own marketing, then you might not be the right fit for a team I am coaching.
                The Assman

Comment

Good point. I should have also included that in my statement.

If going to a school “sole”ly (see what I did there ;)) because that school is endorsed by a particular brand/shoe company, whether by coach suggestion or because you think it helps your own marketing, then you might not be the right fit for a team I am coaching.
                  Again, not saying this what Alex’s mindset is. Just a general opinion.
                  The Assman

Comment

Again, not saying this what Alex’s mindset is. Just a general opinion.
                    It seems that if that was his mindset it would have been really easy to have committed a long time ago. Maybe it's important to him to play in some NCAA tourneys on a consistent top-25 team. Maybe he's figured out that his coach wants him to go to a Nike school so his coach can negotiate for more money from Nike.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• AL Crystal Ball showing 60% Shox.

Alex Lomax is a 5-11, 189-pound Point Guard from Memphis, TN.

Comment

• So it looks like a battle between shoe company / AAU coach loyalty vs. going to the NCAA every year or probably going to the NIT.

Hmmmmm -- that's a tough one.

Edit: But play in the NIT while wearing the right shoes...
                        Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 1, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Sure hope this kid commits to be a Shocker soon!

Comment

• Has Mr. Lomax stated when he will be making a decision? Do we even know if he plans to sign with someone in November?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                              Has Mr. Lomax stated when he will be making a decision? Do we even know if he plans to sign with someone in November?
                              Alex has not set a commitment date. Conscenus out of the Lomax camp recently has been that he will commit and sign in the fall signing period.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                AL Crystal Ball showing 60% Shox.

https://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Lomax-92337
                                It's important to note that the 3 CBs for WSU were posted Sept 17th. The 2 CBs for Memphis were posted last December and January.

Comment

Working...
                                X