Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise is loaded this year

Comment

There are a lot of players Marshall was recruiting who ended up at Sunrise. This seems to be a new phenomenon.

I'm going to file this under "Things that Make You Go Hmmm".
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Should be lots of opportunity for unofficial visits. Go Sunrise!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          There are a lot of players Marshall was recruiting who ended up at Sunrise. This seems to be a new phenomenon.

I'm going to file this under "Things that Make You Go Hmmm".
          First, WSU continued success and its move to the AAC has opened up more doors to recruiting better players. These same better players have been at Sunrise in the past, WSU just wasn't on their list. Now that's starting to change and we get on their list before they even arrive at Sunrise. To me, it is not unusual for a recruit to go to a prep school that is located near one of their possible targets.

Next, Sunrise is a successful prep school known for its basketball programs and is Christian-based. It will attract young men looking for those attributes.

Let's not forget that Sunrise can also tout Buddy Hield: 2016 Consensus First Team All-American, John Wooden Award winner, Naismith College Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy, Jerry West Award, and Sporting News College Player of the Year. Also, 2015 and 2016 Big 12 Player of the Year and 2017 NBA All-Rookie First Team. These young men know who Buddy is.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Should be lots of opportunity for unofficial visits. Go Sunrise!
            If you've kept on the Ron Baker thread you would have seen that he does a lot of his workouts in town at USA Marshall Arts and Fitness up near Sunrise. I've seen multiple other current Shocker Players up there also. I believe they are being taught there by Sunrise's Strength coach. I'm sure some of this Sunrise kids will bump into Ron (and others) there often.

Comment

"Marshall Arts?"

Is that "martial," or has 3G become so renowned that he now has a branch of the basketball arts named after him?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                "Marshall Arts?"

Is that "martial," or has 3G become so renowned that he now has a branch of the basketball arts named after him?
                Good catch .. but I'm not going to correct it because you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  First, WSU continued success and its move to the AAC has opened up more doors to recruiting better players. These same better players have been at Sunrise in the past, WSU just wasn't on their list. Now that's starting to change and we get on their list before they even arrive at Sunrise. To me, it is not unusual for a recruit to go to a prep school that is located near one of their possible targets.

Next, Sunrise is a successful prep school known for its basketball programs and is Christian-based. It will attract young men looking for those attributes.

Let's not forget that Sunrise can also tout Buddy Hield: 2016 Consensus First Team All-American, John Wooden Award winner, Naismith College Player of the Year, Oscar Robertson Trophy, Jerry West Award, and Sporting News College Player of the Year. Also, 2015 and 2016 Big 12 Player of the Year and 2017 NBA All-Rookie First Team. These young men know who Buddy is.
                  Supposedly, Bijiek was going to a prep school in the DFW area last spring or early summer when we offered. Does anyone know the definite reason he is coming to Sunrise? Did WSU have anything to do with it or did Sunrise recruit him, or did his Des Moines advisors want him closer to them? Does anyone have any information to clear this up or is it a mystery?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Supposedly, Bijiek was going to a prep school in the DFW area last spring or early summer when we offered. Does anyone know the definite reason he is coming to Sunrise? Did WSU have anything to do with it or did Sunrise recruit him, or did his Des Moines advisors want him closer to them? Does anyone have any information to clear this up or is it a mystery?
                    Shocks02?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Shocks02?
                      I'm not sure, to be honest. I had never heard of the prep school he was planning to attend in the DFW area, so it may just be a move to get more exposure. I think Coach Lindsted is the main contact so he probably played a part in his decision to move to Sunrise. I think if the move was purely to be closer to WSU, he would've committed already.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        I'm not sure, to be honest. I had never heard of the prep school he was planning to attend in the DFW area, so it may just be a move to get more exposure. I think Coach Lindsted is the main contact so he probably played a part in his decision to move to Sunrise. I thnk if the move was purely to be closer to WSU, he would've committed already.
                        Thanks. It's difficult to read. Either he wants more offers (and to be recruited more) and is unhappy having just several or he is unhappy with the schools who have offered so far, or both. If he's listening to Lindsted even just a little, is good news for the Shockers. He looks to me to be a taller (6'10 3 or 4 combo) and longer armed MM with an extremely high ceiling.

Comment

Jal just committed to Tulsa. Wonder if some of the bigger name schools backed off recently.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            Jal just committed to Tulsa. Wonder if some of the bigger name schools backed off recently.
                            Damn, they're starting to fall now, aren't they? Really liked this kid.

Comment

Good get for Tulsa and the AAC.

Comment

Not sure why, but Jal is reopening his recruitment.

Comment

Working...
                                X