Blake Hinson 6'7 G/F 2018 to Ole Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
    It's been done. For example, Tony Gonzalez played both football and basketball for Cal. There are probably more.
    I think a NOT was missing from his post.
    78-65

Comment

At the very least this probably isn't a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        I think a NOT was missing from his post.
        Yep. That's the fact Jack!

Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are probably the leading examples. These guys were not good tight ends, they were great tight ends. And they weren't too bad on the basketball court either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
          It's been done. For example, Tony Gonzalez played both football and basketball for Cal. There are probably more.
          He's not going to Sunrise because they play a little football. They are a basketball prep school.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates are probably the leading examples. These guys were not good tight ends, they were great tight ends. And they weren't too bad on the basketball court either.
            Charlie Ward to add another, short list though

Comment

Tony G. Was a football player who played a little basketball. Antonio Gates was a college basketball player who ended up a better NFL football player. What Hinson prefers appears to be basketball at this time.

Comment

With the revelations coming out about head injuries, I think we'll see more and more players with options to play either choosing basketball.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I remember reading a past article where the covering Daytona News Journal reporter stated that Blake plays with a lot of Passion, which would certainly fit right in with what GM teaches.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                    I remember reading a past article where the covering Daytona News Journal reporter stated that Blake plays with a lot of Passion, which would certainly fit right in with what GM teaches.
                    He would be a Donnie Jones contact and fits his playing style just like Gregg.

Comment

Jordan Turner from Texas is also transferring to Sunrise next season. Another top 100 junior. Add Malik Hall to that list and that's three very good players. Coach Barnwell is assembling quite a roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Charlie Ward to add another, short list though
                        I guess we would be remiss if we failed to mention the Shockers' very own Bob Long.

Comment

I guess we would be remiss if we failed to mention the Shockers' very own Bob Long.
                          Was he a basketball player?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Was he a basketball player?
                            A three year letterman in basketball, Long switched to football when his basketball eligibility ran out and tied the record for most touchdown receptions in a career (9), and set the single season mark with that figure in 1963. All-Missouri Valley Conference and Honorable Mention All-American. Went on to play for the Green Bay Packers and Vince Lombardi and was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams. Inducted, 1981.

In college, Bob Long was a basketball player first. The then 6-foot-3, 180-pound guard was on scholarship for the University of Wichita Wheat Shockers in the early 1960s, and Long only played football for fun with his buddies.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 5, 2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Didn't mention Bob because he was a wide receiver. Great character, though.

Comment

Eric Bossi talks about the Sunrise Elite squad for this year. It's interesting to me he noted that Blake Hinson may consider a move to the 2018 class if things work out. Wonder if the WSU coaching staff may be telling him that if MM goes pro, they would take Hinson in 2018?

Comment

Working...
                                X