David Wingett, 2018 SF/PF to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wingett, 2018 SF/PF to Memphis

WSU has apparently been in contact with David Wingett, a 6-7 forward from Winnebago, NE, who will be attending Charlotte Basketball Academy for a prep school year next season. Wingett is in the Top 5 all-time career scoring leaders in Nebraska and just dropped 42 points with 15 rebounds and 4 assists in a regional All-Star basketball game.

For his senior season, he averaged 24.2 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.9 steals. Played for Chauncy Billups Elite in AAU.

Kind of sounds like a 6-7 post version of Austin Reaves, from reports. Handles the ball, has range out to three, likes to dunk. He's slight of build and thus had been contacted only by Summit League-level schools. One article says UNC-Greensboro, UNC-Asheville and Wake Forest joined WSU in contacting him after he announced a prep school year.

Dunks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfi8eEv7Ok

The Legend of David Wingett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHBXI5O418
    Last edited by Wuzee; June 17, 2017, 12:12 PM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Please sign this kid... He has that Ron Baker , Austin Reaves look and feel about him

Comment

Last edited by mini-shock; June 18, 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

He put up 40 against Omaha Central and Poor Bear. That's fairly impressive

Comment

Definitely a lot of offensive potential. Has anyone found any AAU stats?... I am curious how he is doing against elevated competition?

His own coach says he has to work on defense and was not challenged due to inferior competition.

I think more questions than answers right now but definitely worth staying in contact and watch his progression. Let us not forget how that combination did not work for EH.

Comment

Last edited by mini-shock; June 18, 2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

His hometown has a population of 776 and is about halfway between Omaha and Sioux City, IA - maybe 60 miles north of Omaha. That makes his high school tiny compared to Scott City. Comparing his HS competition to Dean Wade's would be more appropriate.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Dean Wade is taller, but if this kid turns out to be Nebraska's answer to Wade, he has a chance to be a nice addition.

Comment

he acts like a hot dog. that doesn't fit in with the marshall sysytem.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    I noticed that too. Kinda lame.

Edit: I noticed the last dunk on his dunk highlights. He purposefully puts his feet on the kids shoulders and sits on him. This kid looks like a punk. No way theat BS passes with HCGM.
                    Last edited by mini-shock; June 18, 2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      Looks like a FGCU recruit.
                      Professional gas passer.

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                        I noticed that too. Kinda lame.

Edit: I noticed the last dunk on his dunk highlights. He purposefully puts his feet on the kids shoulders and sits on him. This kid looks like a punk. No way theat BS passes with HCGM.
                        Play better defense if you don't want balls on your neck.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
                          Definitely a lot of offensive potential. Has anyone found any AAU stats?... I am curious how he is doing against elevated competition?

His own coach says he has to work on defense and was not challenged due to inferior competition.

I think more questions than answers right now but definitely worth staying in contact and watch his progression. Let us not forget how that combination did not work for EH.
                          EH never demonstrated anywhere close to the offensive skill and ball handling this kid does. My only question is can he shoot. A lot of dunks over 5'10" kids.

Edited
                          Last edited by BOBB; June 18, 2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

EO & EH are two different guys

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              EO & EH are two different guys
                              Indeed. Misread that.

Comment

Working...
                              X