Tanveer Bhular 7'2 270 C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Is it a crazy idea to bring this guy in just for the sole purpose of stacking up against Tacko Fall?

We've got a team that is somewhat solid already at the center position, and we have an open scholarship. We also are about to have to play against a circus-act sized big man that we will have no answer for if he keeps getting better. Tanveer may not be athletic, but neither is Tacko. Tanveer could come to any school in the AAC with one purpose...standing between Tacko and the basket at all times. That alone may be enough to help.

I'm not sure it's a bad idea, even if he doesn't end up playing much.
    I'd hate to think of a scenario where our coaches give up a scholarship to win 2 games that we will probably win anyway. Tacko Fall isn't all that.

Comment

Is it a crazy idea to bring this guy in just for the sole purpose of stacking up against Tacko Fall?

We've got a team that is somewhat solid already at the center position, and we have an open scholarship. We also are about to have to play against a circus-act sized big man that we will have no answer for if he keeps getting better. Tanveer may not be athletic, but neither is Tacko. Tanveer could come to any school in the AAC with one purpose...standing between Tacko and the basket at all times. That alone may be enough to help.

I am. It's a bad idea.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The Dane is probably as good as this guy right now. Maybe better defensively.

Comment

I've watched Tacko in a few games. He actually started very rough, bad footwork, not a lot of BBIQ, not very strong, etc. The reason he's gotten past that is that he has honestly improved most of those aspects to become a basketball player. Bhular has not. It isn't just size that makes a player. There's a reason Tacko averaged 13/10/2.5 on nearly 80% from the field and Bhular averaged 2.7/2.3.

I don't think Bhular would be better than our other options against Fall, even as at third string and that is the best scenario for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            The Dane is probably as good as this guy right now. Maybe better defensively.
            Many Danes are better.

Comment

By now, most of you know I’m pretty ‘random’ around here. :) For some odd reason, I’m reminded of the following video. Leave it to @mumdaddy316: for the reminder. And gentlemen, don’t skip the first minute or so of the Ad before the video; it’s worth a look. I might be a candidate for whatever they’re selling.

What a great movie!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Let's just see him try to get inside vs Shaq. Shaq should be able to move him pretty far out. Putting that 270 lb frame squarely in his legs.

Comment

Going to Missouri st
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    Going to Missouri st
                    Should fit well in that "system". :)
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                    X