No announcement yet.

Tyler Harris 5'10 PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if we pulled our offer. https://www.prephoops.com/2017/09/tyler-harris-recruiting-update-2018/

Comment

• Clickable Link.

Father of 2018 point guard Tyler Harris (Team Thad), Frank Harris joined 92.9 FM Jason and John Show minutes ago and talked Memphis in-home visit. Frank Harris said @iamyoungty1 told Memphis coach Tubby Smith last night that he's always wanted to be a Tiger. — John Martin (@JohnMartin929) September 28, 2017 Tyler Harris had a […]

Iowa State hosted Tyler officially earlier this year. Wichita State and Tyler Harris have parted ways. That leaves Colorado State, Iowa State, Memphis, and don’t sleep on Tennessee.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Clickable Link.

Father of 2018 point guard Tyler Harris (Team Thad), Frank Harris joined 92.9 FM Jason and John Show minutes ago and talked Memphis in-home visit. Frank Harris said @iamyoungty1 told Memphis coach Tubby Smith last night that he's always wanted to be a Tiger. — John Martin (@JohnMartin929) September 28, 2017 Tyler Harris had a […]

Iowa State hosted Tyler officially earlier this year. Wichita State and Tyler Harris have parted ways. That leaves Colorado State, Iowa State, Memphis, and don’t sleep on Tennessee.
        He found out we were an Under Armour team.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          He found out we were an Under Armour team.
          Team Thad is Under Armour. On another note, Memphis was really targeting Alex Lomax as their #1. Makes me wonder if they are now thinking they won’t get Lomax and are starting to turn their attention to Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Team Thad is Under Armour. On another note, Memphis was really targeting Alex Lomax as their #1. Makes me wonder if they are now thinking they won’t get Lomax and are starting to turn their attention to Harris.
            Memphis isn't getting Alex Lomax. Jonah Jordan has been saying it for weeks and he wouldn't be saying it if he didn't have solid information.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Clickable Link.

Seemed like a lot of spin in that article.

Comment

• I would have to speculate that we didn't get treated very well by the player or the father. For the writer to plug in "(Low Int)" and "Wichita State and Tyler Harris have parted ways" seems like the interviewee intended to get something across about Wichita State. Because I know our staff would have treated him with the utmost and due respect.

Comment

• Wonder if word is Lomax was leaning our way and either we backed off or Harris started looking elsewhere.

No info, just a possibility. Maybe wishful thinking...lol
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think this kid is still available.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      I think this kid is still available.
                      Tyler tweets that Memphis just offered...again. Pretty clear as to why he was holding off.

Comment

• Damn Penny must be the savior of Memphis cuz all the local kids wanna play for him... Does he walk in water too?

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                          Damn Penny must be the savior of Memphis cuz all the local kids wanna play for him... Does he walk in water too?
                          Does that mean we'll have to replace Rod Brown whenever he decides to transfer?
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 21, 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Penny stayed relavant by running his AAU team. All the kids think he’s the savior of Memphis.

FYI, Harris played HS ball with Rod Brown so maybe Rod can have some influence on bringing him this way.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                              GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              ...or vice versa. Man, I wish they were already playing so we didn't have to worry about this poaching.

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                            Damn Penny must be the savior of Memphis cuz all the local kids wanna play for him... Does he walk in water too?
                            Imagine if we sucked and decided to fire whoever the coach was and hired Antoine Carr who had just won 3 straight state titles at North. In that situation he could probably get just about whatever kid he wanted out of the city league.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                              1979Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Antoine Carr went to Heights.

• WheatShock
                              WheatShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I know, but that doesn't mean anything in this scenario. Penny didn't go to school at Memphis East.

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Imagine if we sucked and decided to fire whoever the coach was and hired Antoine Carr who had just won 3 straight state titles at North. In that situation he could probably get just about whatever kid he wanted out of the city league.
                            Sure. Except Memphis didn't really suck, and it's looking more and more like Penny had as much to do with talent not going to Memphis as Tubby.

Comment

Working...
                            X