No announcement yet.

Reggie Chaney 6'8 F/C 2018 to Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomax and Chaney would be a hell of a close.

I’m sure they are looking at Chance too, and would like all three if somone(s) leave early.
    The Assman

Comment

We are on so many awesome players, if enough really want to be a Shocker, we could sign 2 over just in case MM and LS go pro. Then if they stay, what a team we will have again even losing 6 Seniors. Then, the SN Ship counters here will have their work cut out for them speculating on possible solutions. Are we sure Reggie can't play both the 3 and 4 even though he is a 4 primarily? Reggie is a serious playa as well as are so many other recruits we are on. It's like visiting the candy store and being limited to getting a small selection. This is a nice problem to have, but can be perplexing.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        We are on so many awesome players, if enough really want to be a Shocker, we could sign 2 over just in case MM and LS go pro. Then if they stay, what a team we will have again even losing 6 Seniors. Then, the SN Ship counters here will have their work cut out for them speculating on possible solutions. Are we sure Reggie can't play both the 3 and 4 even though he is a 4 primarily. Reggie is a serious playa as well as are so many other recruits we are on. It's like visiting the candy store and being limited to getting a small selection. This is a nice problem to have but can be perplexing.
        He handles the ball okay in the open court for a big man. He can hit the 12 footer. He would be the smallest “4” on the team, but that’s all that really qualifies him for the 3.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Reggie looks like a vey solid power 4. But at this point he looks more like Rashard than he does Cleanthony or Markis. My opinion is that we need a stretch 4 along the lines of Markis and Cle than we need another Carl Hall kind of power 4. Whether Reggie would be able to fill that role is hard to say. On the highlight tape @shocks02: posted on Reggie's thread I don't think I saw anything other than layup or dunks. The commitment by Morris Udeze probably diminishes the need for another power forward. But 3G knows what he needs better than I and he can certainly evaluate which recruits are most capapble of filling those needs better than I.

Comment

Big body and athletic. Love traditional physical PF's ala Carl Hall. If you have a
            PG and two wings that can all hit the three you don't need a stretch four. This
            guy has too many positives not to sign if we can. Get Lomax and this fellow and
            we will be set for five more years !

Comment

Poor Bear can hit the long jumper!

God Bear is a mountain of a man!

Echenique is long and athletic!

Udeze is the traditional post banger!

There’s room for one more.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Really would be ecstatic to get Lomax and Darius Allen. Would like to see the class get split up with another JUCO and DA projects as a hyper athletic 2-3 that could be deadly cutting to the basket. #SCTop10 anyone?

Comment

I have a feeling that no matter who we sign, we are going to be very happy!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Is it possible we sign Chaney if he wants to come and place him or Udeze at Sunrise? Haven't followed that closely if either of them have a post graduate year available?

Comment

Originally posted by COS Shocker View Post
                      Is it possible we sign Chaney if he wants to come and place him or Udeze at Sunrise? Haven't followed that closely if either of them have a post graduate year available?
                      I believe Udeze is prepping this year, but could be mistaken.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I liked this kid early on and would love to have him on the roster. Seems we have a bit of a log jam at the 4 right now based on what others are writing, and I would really like to get another stud wing like Keyonte in here, but how can one argue against a highly regarded 4 star PF if he wants to be a Shocker?

One doesn't. Bring him home Gregg!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I believe Udeze is prepping this year, but could be mistaken.
                          Chaney is also at prep school but I think he’s a true senior

Per this, http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/morr...ball-stats.htm, Udeze was a 2017 graduate and is taking a prep school post grad this year

Comment

Bobby Gandu (admissions) just followed Reggie on Twitter, so this is probably a good sign that he's taking the visit to WSU this weekend. Bobby usually follows all of the recruits before or during their visit. I haven't been able to find the visit being reported anywhere this week.

Very interesting that the coaching staff would still take this visit. Wonder if Gregg will sign 7 and not worry about all the NBA and transfer math at this point and let it all work itself out? Can't see any other way we'd take another power forward.

Comment

I'm still speculating based on no facts or inside scoop, that 3G might go 1 to 2 ships over. Chaney is a big time player IMO and passing him up would be tough. Thus, If we get Lomax, we still have 1 ship left in which to fill and not go over. However, if we had a chance to get 2 more out of the group for a total of 4 more, we still have Lomex, Naylor, Chaney, Johnson, Rhoden, C. Moore, T. Queen, Alvarez, etc. to try to land. Three or four more out of this group would knock our socks off in excitement. Even if we do just 2 now, maybe at the later signing period there would be a handful of these listed players not signed? If not, we could hit the Juco route like a jackhammer. Let me know if my counts are off.

So even losing 6 Seniors, we could be legit for an 8th Dance in a row if everything goes right? I always have Shocker positive dreams, so there's that. The Marshall Plan has made many of our wildest dreams come true. Then, if MM and LS stay, WOW!!!!!!!
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

If Chaney wants to commit we will sign. Cannot pass him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X