• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKyle McIntosh transferring

Verbal Commits‏*
    @VerbalCommits
    Follow

More
    Illinois State F MiKyle McIntosh (RS JR) is transferring. Will graduate & is eligible immediately. (HT @JCTSports) http://verbalcommits.com/players/mikyle-mcintosh*…

Yeah, this was reported yesterday although nothing official yet that I am aware of.

I was thinking either UConn or Memphis could use him but many of these graduate transfers, especially those who have not played in the NCAA Tournament, are looking for a team they feel has a great chance of making the Big Dance. Not sure UConn or Memphis qualify at least as far as next year is concerned.

If this transfer does happen then Mikyle is pretty much showing a lack of faith in the Redbirds winning the Vallley auto-bid next year even with the Shocks gone.

Comment

Pretty huge gut punch for ISUr - they just cannot hold onto talent there. Nic Moore, Reggie Lynch, MiKyle McIntosh, Nick Zeisloft, and the beat goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Pretty huge gut punch for ISUr - they just cannot hold onto talent there. Nic Moore, Reggie Lynch, MiKyle McIntosh, Nick Zeisloft, and the beat goes on.
        I think that Deontae Hawkins still has a year of eligibility left but the only way he could use it at the D-1 level is to play another year at Illinois State as he hasn't graduated and he only has 1 year left under the 5 to play 4 rule. That said I don't think any of the Redbird fans were expecting him back and that was before the speculation that McIntosh might be transferring. However, if McIntosh does transfer that would seem to eliminate any chance that Hawkins would want to come back. I don't think Hawkins is that interested in school and I think he is ready to play some pro ball somewhere.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 16, 2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

The Valley just continues to burn, doesn't it? Sorry for the fans but not sorry that we left when we did. I wish the young man good luck, he was a talented young player.

Comment

This shouldn't have been a surprise at all to anyone associated with ISU. I'm sure the Redbirds were prepared. McIntosh had people in his ear all season, and frankly, if you couldn't see it in his play you weren't paying attention.

I'm not sure how you fix this....it's an epidemic. The kids deserve to have some freedoms too though. I don't know, but I'm not a fan of the way it is now.

Comment

The other possibility with the 23 year old McIntosh is that he will have his degree, is not interested in grad school and will go ahead and move on to pro ball to try to make a few bucks which IMHO is a totally reasonable move on his part if that is what he wants to do.

Comment

I still think we'll add another guy, but I don't think he's big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  This shouldn't have been a surprise at all to anyone associated with ISU. I'm sure the Redbirds were prepared. McIntosh had people in his ear all season, and frankly, if you couldn't see it in his play you weren't paying attention.

I'm not sure how you fix this....it's an epidemic. The kids deserve to have some freedoms too though. I don't know, but I'm not a fan of the way it is now.
                  The guy played his ass off everytime I watched him...

I like his game a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                    The guy played his ass off everytime I watched him...

I like his game a lot.
                    The guy has a ton of talent, I just thought I was watching a disinterested player. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I was too influenced by what I heard and knew. He's a good player and will make a good living playing pro, probably in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      The guy has a ton of talent, I just thought I was watching a disinterested player. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I was too influenced by what I heard and knew. He's a good player and will make a good living playing pro, probably in Europe.
                      You could also tell by his last defensive play of the year. I liked him but that play said a lot

Comment

Multiple sources have confirmed that Oklahoma is now working on bringing in Illinois State's MiKyle McIntosh for a

MiKyle might want one last butt whooping from the Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          https://oklahoma.rivals.com/news/sli...ugh-the-cracks

MiKyle might want one last butt whooping from the Shockers.
                          Maybe he can provide the Sooners enough of a boost that they can be a decent opponent next year.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                          X