No announcement yet.

2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's interesting that our coaching staff views Lathon a little lower than Kountz and some other guards. We haven't offered him yet and we've offered lots of others.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      If any D1 teams are recruiting him currently then it's in the very early stages. I haven't seen a list or any type of mentions except for that many believe he will play at the Division 1 level. Courtside Films put together a couple highlights on Ben from yesterday. https://twitter.com/CourtsideFilms/s...99323960045573
      What a great player from just up the road!!!
      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Its very strange to me that we have not offered Barnes yet. There must be something the coaches don't like about him or they don't think he "fits" WSU's system. I can't see another reason not to try and grab a very talented local kid.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          Its very strange to me that we have not offered Barnes yet. There must be something the coaches don't like about him or they don't think he "fits" WSU's system. I can't see another reason not to try and grab a very talented local kid.
          I think they simply want other guys more. I would say our biggest priorities at 2-guard are Daylen Kountz and Khaleem Bennett.
          Last edited by shocks02; April 18, 2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Bad news, LOL, I got the information I needed late last night. It looks like, barring an act of God that I will be there. Downtown Shocker Brown, it looks like you will get your scouting report. Ohio Red leads off at 8:00 A.M. On Saturday.

Comment

What are the chances of any 2018 commits coming this Spring and during the current recruiting swing of 3G and his staff? What say you SN?

Comment

Visits (since last update):
                Roman Behrens (WSU)
                Brady Heiman (WSU)
                Flo Thamba (WSU)
                Jose Placer (USF, NC-Wilmington, Lehigh, Campbell)
                Lahat Thioune (UCF)
                Daylen Kountz (Wyoming)
                Christian Bishop (Mizzou)
                Caleb McConnell (Cincinnati)

New Highlights:
                Daylen Kountz - http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_a...4?referrer_id=
                Miller Kopp - https://www.instagram.com/p/BTEjrJXg...rtDTUQ9sdD3I0/

Features:
                Erik Stevenson - https://theleftbench.com/blog/2017/0...ast-struggles/
                Christian Bishop - 'offers from Mizzou and Tulsa. hearing from WSU, Creighton and Florida Gulf Coast.' https://www.prephoops.com/2017/04/re...bishop-2018-2/
                Bol Bol - 'way too early predictions' https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....-s-top-players

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  What are the chances of any 2018 commits coming this Spring and during the current recruiting swing of 3G and his staff? What say you SN?
                  I think we will get several campus visits out of this with some future commits.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I think we will get several campus visits out of this with some future commits.
                    👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

I'm gonna pull a Negrodomus (chappelle show reference) I think this next huge 7 scholarship class will be so huge... Everyone in Wichita will crap their pants...3G is the next big time coach. As much as we **** on John Calipari... Even he built some big time programs before going blue blood... He got screwed his fair share of tourny games...Had to earn the refs resPect ( ref ESPN 30 for 30) just saying Gregg is still not finished doing big things here... Dude never ceases to amaze me

Comment

I really like Kopp. If we can get him and Thamba, I'll be really happy.

Comment

First, I want to give @shocks02: a big kudos for this and the 2019 threads. It takes a lot of time as I know from doing it just one year and I'm sure @tropicalshox: knows from a number of years.

To the Mods. Can we sticky both of these threads?

To shock02. May I suggest that you link the potential recruits' names on the first page to their own thread if they have one?

Much thanks again. :applouse: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            First, I want to give @shocks02: a big kudos for this and the 2019 threads. It takes a lot of time as I know from doing it just one year and I'm sure @tropicalshox: knows from a number of years.

To the Mods. Can we sticky both of these threads?

To shock02. May I suggest that you link the potential recruits' names on the first page to their own thread if they have one?

Much thanks again. :applouse: :wsu_posters:
                            Links are up. And yes, this probably needs a sticky too.

I will be posting stats tomorrow night so be prepared. Over two dozen recruits in action tomorrow night and everyone will be playing multiple games on Saturday.

Comment

Let's stop targeting guards all together. Basically, let's go full Milwaukee Bucks. My "Need to Know" is that every single starter in 2018 better be taller than 6' 10''. :) BIGS. Are you sure their ain't another Giannis brother floating around?

Comment

Added offers:
                                Christian Bishop (Purdue, Oklahoma St)

Visits:
                                Miller Kopp (Stephen F Austin)
                                Brady Heiman (Nebraska, Drake)

Features:
                                Yor Anei, Jordan Lathon, Christian Bishop: http://www.rundownhoops.com/features...-team-rush-17u

New Rankings:
                                New Texas Top 100 http://texastop100.com/2015/10/08/class-of-2018/
                                Gerald Liddell #2
                                Reggie Chaney #5
                                Jamal Bieniemy #8
                                Kaden Archie #22
                                Miller Kopp #25
                                Isaac Likekele #45
                                Xavier Bryant (not ranked?)

Comment

Working...
                                X