No announcement yet.

2018 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Eldridge takes a look at how our incoming recruiting class did this season. Includes videos on A-Lo, Chance, Eric and Morris.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...202728009.html

Comment

• Bluzrover
      Bluzrover commented
      Editing a comment
      Taylor's last two articles about our future Shockers have been pretty timely. It's not hard to find out anything about Erik Stevenson or Alex Lomas, just follow their twitter feeds. But the rest of them are kind of quiet. Interesting that Chance Moore is listed as 6'7". He lists himself as 6'9" on Twitter. Yeah, I've never exaggerated my size...

• Lomax, Stevenson, and Udeze seem ready! We are going to need them. The other three have super high ceilings, but might take a little while to reach them.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• R. Brown our redshirt will be primed and ready after great training too.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Sad that this was the last time we saw all those Seniors on the court today.

Hopefully, this crop of recruits time will be just as successful at CKA!
        The Assman

Comment

• Excited to see what is to come in the coming season.

The Shox will likely take some lumps, but hopefully we have some more multidimensional players coming into the program.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Excited to see what is to come in the coming season.

The Shox will likely take some lumps, but hopefully we have some more multidimensional players coming into the program.
            A legit point would be a fabulous start.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 1h1 hour ago More
              • Copy link to Tweet
              • Embed Tweet

Scholarship players slated to return to WSU next year and how many minutes they played today: Landry Shamet (36) Markis McDuffie (17) Austin Reaves (19) C.J. Keyser (0) Samajae Haynes-Jones (0) Rod Brown (0) Asbjorn Midtgaard (0)

Comment

• PG Joe Chartouny from Fordham a 6'3 senior grad transfer has decent numbers and was
                conference first team defensive player - something we need at point. Wonder if we have any
                interest?

Comment

• Is Carrington still available to recruit? Also, if we signed 3 more players in April, who would be the 3 on your wishlist?

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Is Carrington still available to recruit? Also, if we signed 3 more players in April, who would be the 3 on your wishlist?
                    Dimon Carrigan? I'd go James Akinjo, Serrel Smith, and Wendell Mitchell.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                      forevershockerfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, my memory escaped me on his exact name but Dimon Carrigan is quite the rim protector if I recall. Was wondering if he is eligible to sign to play somewhere next Season? We could not go wrong with the 3 you mention. Often wondered if Harris would be a good fit under Marshall?

Austin should be able to get stronger now that he has time to heal up so he might be ready to step up in improved consistent fashion. Also, I truly think we might get LS back one more year but that is a very borderline guess.

• Two out of three PG's ( Harris, Akinjo or Jones ) and a senior grad transfer 6'9 or taller who can play
                    both ends of the court

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      PG Joe Chartouny from Fordham a 6'3 senior grad transfer has decent numbers and was
                      conference first team defensive player - something we need at point. Wonder if we have any
                      interest?
                      That is quite interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

That is quite interesting
                        Not only interesting but quite intriguing, especially if Shamet goes pro and leaves soon. It all points back to the Marshall Plan which begins with DeFence in which Joe C. can already perform. No matter what, I still want Serrel Smith as a Shocker, and have since the day we viewed him on SN. One more solid 4 or 5 might also be quite nifty. It will be interesting how the existing player interviews go which will shed some light on how many and who we need to sign.

As I watch all the upsets at this here Dance, this is what I see. Team Defense is of essence on stopping dribble penetration along with rim protection. Syracuse does it with a zone, while others have a pesky man to man in your face look. On Offense, let me stress two big things. Teams that have several capable ball handlers are striving well. The more players you have that can penetrate and leave their man behind off the dribble is nice. Loyola executed more easy reverse layups than I have seen in a game for awhile.Brown with K-State flew by the long Kentucky D. and made a game winning layup.

Last but not least, surviving teams have shooters, shooters, shooters where even the bigs can bury the 3 or pull up and drain the 10' shots. Shooting under 30% from the 3 is Not good. Furthermore, you don't want a subpar 3-point shooter missing 4-5 of them in a game where your better shooters put up 0 shots from the 3. Just a few obvious observations I noticed at this Dance as to how the surviving teams are still enduring and winning.

Comment

• Last season, Joseph Chartouny helped Fordham secure its first winning record in nine years. He led all freshmen in the nation in assists and was named the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year. But a tran…

Comment

• I would think that Mr. Chartouny would feel very comfortable in Wichita, Kansas with his Lebanese Heritage. We have a large, vibrant, successful and very well respected Lebanese community in Wichita incuding J.R. Simon and his grandparents, Dr. Sam and Jacque Kouri, who are the name sponsors of the Koch Arena Champions Club plus many, many others. He would have no problem finding some good Lebanese food in this town.

Comment

Working...
                          X