Ben Harvey 6'5 G 2018 to Eastern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Harvey 6'5 G 2018 to Eastern Illinois

CORRECTION: Ben is class of 2017. Ben is from Jonesboro, AR. Visited for the ISU game on Saturday with Czar Perry. He's ranked 20th in his class by Arkansas Basketball.

However, after watching some highlights this kid has some serious game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhV50GKgKVw

He plays for Jonesboro High who is 22-0 and ranked #7 in the nation. He's the team's leading scorer at 17 ppg. Shooting 50% from the floor, 45% from 3, and 75% from the free-throw line. Ben's only offer is from Arkansas State. His story seems pretty reminiscent of Ron Baker or Austin Reaves.
    Last edited by shocks02; February 8, 2017, 03:43 PM.

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Ben is from Jonesboro, AR. Visited for the ISU game on Saturday with Czar Perry. He's ranked 20th in his class by Arkansas Basketball.

However, after watching some highlights this kid has some serious game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhV50GKgKVw

He plays for Jonesboro High who is 22-0 and ranked #7 in the nation. He's the team's leading scorer at 17 ppg. Shooting 50% from the floor, 45% from 3, and 75% from the free-throw line. Ben's only offer is from Arkansas State. His story seems pretty reminiscent of Ron Baker or Austin Reaves.
    He's got a quick release and is fast up and down the court. Looks like a shooter and if I were guessing, I'd say he's a gym rat.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Looks like a catch and shoot guy that is fairly athletic. Doesn't look like he has much of a drive game at this point but that could come with time.

Seems like a guy that could contribute as an outside threat as a freshman and see how he develops from there.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Shoe Schools...forgedda-bout-it. Waaaaaaaaay below your "look at me I'm NBA byatch". Marshall knows...Marshall sees...we'll touch base in MARCH.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Shooting motion actually looks a bit like Austin's too.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Whoops, Ben is class of 2017. Maybe Sunrise could use a shooting guard?

Comment

Me likey.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

In a lot of ways I thought I was watching Austin Reaves, but without the PG skills/athleticism.

Comment

Post's please. Louisville towered over us.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    In a lot of ways I thought I was watching Austin Reaves, but without the PG skills/athleticism.
                    that's a big minus though

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Did you see him get multiple blocks at the rim in transition? Not sure what athleticism he lacks.

EDIT: Not to mention the easy dunk he had at the beginning.
                      Last edited by Kel Varnsen; February 8, 2017, 09:21 PM.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

He seems to have good hops. I'd like to see how quick on his feet he is. The highlight video did not show much passing or defense other than the blocked shots.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Lots of discussion on various Arkansas message board comparing the two. General consensus is that Harvey is a solid D-1 prospect at some level but Reaves is in another class

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Did you see him get multiple blocks at the rim in transition? Not sure what athleticism he lacks.

EDIT: Not to mention the easy dunk he had at the beginning.
                            I didn't watch the whole video, but what I did see didn't show him to have PG quickness or ball-handling. Disclaimer: I'm not the best judge of basketball skillsets.

Comment

Ben is indeed reclassifying to 2018 and taking a prep year at Link Year Prep in Branson, Mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X