Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we know he can jump.

Comment

• Deantoni had a big game against Bradley Beal Elite last night.

Kirven Lang‏*
      @CoachK_251
      Wichita St commit, 6'8 combo forward, 27 & 12 in win over Brad Beal Elite, No 2019 Natl ranking, No Nike Elite 100

Comment

• Would it be a possibility that this Shocker future player by the time he is a Senior is a 5*?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Would it be a possibility that this Shocker future player by the time he is a Senior is a 5*?
          Maybe. I just hope we keep him in the fold but he's going to be real good.

Comment

Would it be a possibility that this Shocker future player by the time he is a Senior is a 5*?
            Less than 1% odds on that. I could definitely see him ending up as a 3-star and maybe Top 150 by a service or two. The 2019 class is already becoming well established. Doesn't mean he isn't or won't be a great player. As we all know, HCGM values some traits much more than others do.

Comment

• He's gonna be a great player. Hopefully that 1% extends top his going back on his commitment. He has a lot of time, and I wish he would use that left hand. He is avoiding it like it's poisonous.

Comment

• He looks like a legit 3* right now. He still has 2 yrs. of high school ball yet.

Comment

• I think he will be top 100.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I think he will be top 100.
                    Me too. Hey, I was in your big city today. Hated it that Montana Mikes was no longer there.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Me too. Hey, I was in your big city today. Hated it that Montana Mikes was no longer there.
                      It's always super exciting in Mac! We are in St Louis at that moment...on our way to Memphis.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• ESPN recently gave DeAntoni 4-stars with a rating of 80. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...eantoni-gordon

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          ESPN recently gave DeAntoni 4-stars with a rating of 80. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...eantoni-gordon
                          A ranking of 80 means they haven't watched him in person. Probably the 4* was given out of Shocker respect.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            A ranking of 80 means they haven't watched him in person. Probably the 4* was given out of Shocker respect.
                            Common sense would say that they at least watch some video and perhaps make some phone calls to other evaluators who have seen a player so it isn't totally blind. I know that a Bama site evaluator has ranked DG as 5th best in Alabama, not far behind a concensus Top 75 rated recruit.

But no doubt that the Shox recruiting is drawing more respect than in the past. That respect still isn't what other programs are drawing, even some low rated P5 programs. For example, the rating services like Rivals, Scout, and ESPN don't have WSU listed as someone recruiting Sherfeld, even though he has unofficially visited twice. They do list schools who he has not visited. So it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              ESPN recently gave DeAntoni 4-stars with a rating of 80. http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...eantoni-gordon
                              Nice. Hasn't even played one game as a Junior yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                Common sense would say that they at least watch some video and perhaps make some phone calls to other evaluators who have seen a player so it isn't totally blind. I know that a Bama site evaluator has ranked DG as 5th best in Alabama, not far behind a concensus Top 75 rated recruit.

But no doubt that the Shox recruiting is drawing more respect than in the past. That respect still isn't what other programs are drawing, even some low rated P5 programs. For example, the rating services like Rivals, Scout, and ESPN don't have WSU listed as someone recruiting Sherfeld, even though he has unofficially visited twice. They do list schools who he has not visited. So it goes.
                                It's not completely blind, but a rating of 80 by ESPN means they haven't yet been evaluated.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X