L.J. Rose to visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.J. Rose to visit

Grad transfer L.J. Rose will visit WSU per Jon Rothstein. He is a 6-3, 200 PG who had two very good seasons at point for Houston after transferring from Baylor. He was hurt for all but two games of his senior campaign, earning a medical redshirt but graduated and will be eligible immediately as a transfer. Had 100-plus assists in both of his first two seasons at Houston while shooting 38 percent from three-point range for his career.

Seems to be injury-prone. Missed two chunks of games his junior year with a nagging foot injury. But when healthy, had career averages of 9.0 ppg and 5.2 apg with 2.2 A/TO ratio. Had game highs of 25 points (at USF) and tallied 10 assists four times while at Houston.

Prepped at Westbury Christian in Houston, where he was ranked the nation's No. 61 recruit by Scout.com... Also ranked No. 63 by ESPN, No. 70 by MaxPreps.com and No. 74 by Rivals.com.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Jon RothsteinVerified account ‏@JonRothstein 8m8 minutes ago
    Houston transfer L.J. Rose will now visit Wichita State later in the week, source told @CBSSports. Immediately eligible for next season.
    Last edited by Wuzee; June 6, 2016, 11:52 AM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Missed the first seven games with a foot injury... Made his season debut in win against North Carolina Central during Global Sports Classic First Round... Drained a 3-pointer from the left wing on his first attempt of the season... Scored four points with a game-high four assists and no turnovers in win against Eastern Illinois during Global Sports Classic Second Round... Sat out the remaining 23 games due to injury

Comment

View the profile of BYU Cougars Guard L.J. Bernard Rose on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Just under 2:1 assist/turnover ration. Man FVV spoiled us.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Cougars' senior guard L.J. Rose has been plagued by foot injuries since arriving at UH, but isn't letting that define his legacy at UH.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            Just under 2:1 assist/turnover ration. Man FVV spoiled us.
            Indeed he did. Although I will give LJ some benefit of the doubt because he likely isn't playing with teammates who are as good as the ones Fred had.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

He visited BYU back in mid-may. Haven't seen any other mentions of visits. If they can make room for him without losing another player, I think he would be a solid addition to the backcourt.

Comment

This kid's Injury history might be even more scary than Anton's was.

Comment

Baylor and Houston. Would love to be associated with those bastions of amateur athletics ethics.

Comment

As a starter for Houston, he missed 5 games at the beginning of conference play as a sophomore, the first and last 6 games (12 total) his junior year, and, of course, most all of last year.

While his minutes per game went up from 28.4 to 34.6 (22% increase) his junior year along with his scoring average from 8.9 to 9.8, other stats didn't fair so well. He went down in the following: FG% .400 to .372, 3 pt% .413 to .296, FT% .778 to .607, assits pg 5.5 to 5.3, TOpg 2.3 to 2.7 (acceptable given minutes played), PF pg 1.3 to 2.3.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      As a starter for Houston, he missed 5 games at the beginning of conference play as a sophomore, the first and last 6 games (12 total) his junior year, and, of course, most all of last year.

While his minutes per game went up from 28.4 to 34.6 (22% increase) his junior year along with his scoring average from 8.9 to 9.8, other stats didn't fair so well. He went down in the following: FG% .400 to .372, 3 pt% .413 to .296, FT% .778 to .607, assits pg 5.5 to 5.3, TOpg 2.3 to 2.7 (acceptable given minutes played), PF pg 1.3 to 2.3.
                      I'm not so sure he would fit into our program well. I live in Houston, I am a big fan of their school but not their coach (Kelvin Sampson).

When I watched the Cougs a bunch on TV last year. They looked like they were playing on a playground. Players would go 1 on 1 with their moves and look to get open that way. It did not look to me like there were a lot of plays being called from the sideline and if there were, it was more like 'pitch it to the first open man and let him chuck it up'. There were no sets, the screening was atrocious

Maybe HCGM sees something I don't, but I would think that if he played here the way he played at U of H, Marshall would either age 10 years in a season or we would see a different pg on the floor rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        I'm not so sure he would fit into our program well. I live in Houston, I am a big fan of their school but not their coach (Kelvin Sampson).

When I watched the Cougs a bunch on TV last year. They looked like they were playing on a playground. Players would go 1 on 1 with their moves and look to get open that way. It did not look to me like there were a lot of plays being called from the sideline and if there were, it was more like 'pitch it to the first open man and let him chuck it up'. There were no sets, the screening was atrocious

Maybe HCGM sees something I don't, but I would think that if he played here the way he played at U of H, Marshall would either age 10 years in a season or we would see a different pg on the floor rather quickly.
                        So you're saying he may be a good third PG option on the scout team behind JR and Solomon (sp)?

Comment

Can't ever have too many point guards. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Last season sure illustrated that sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Agreed, If we have a way to get him on campus, picking up a senior PG with decent numbers at a D1 school is worth the risk for one year.

Comment

Working...
                              X