Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike Albrecht - Michigan transfer 5'11 guard

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/722257462309556225

Considering WSU, Purdue, Indiana, Texas AM, Syracuse, USC, and Milwaukee. Per Jeff *******.

He cut his season short due to surgically repaired hips but would be a grad transfer.

If he is the Spike of old, figure a way to get him here.

Also heard Obi Emagano of ORU was granted a sixth year of eligibility and may test the NBA waters or move on to somewhere else. He led his league in scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      If he is the Spike of old, figure a way to get him here.

Also heard Obi Emagano of ORU was granted a sixth year of eligibility and may test the NBA waters or move on to somewhere else. He led his league in scoring.
      Obi a HS team mate of Shaq?

Comment

I remember him tearing it up in the first half of that national title game (that the Shox should have been playing in; what a run that was)
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I remember him tearing it up in the first half of that national title game (that the Shox should have been playing in; what a run that was)
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Looks good in black and yellow.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

No.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                No.

No, he doesn't look good?

No, it's maize and blue and not black and gold?

No, you don't want him at WSU?

Unless some team (other than Milwaukee) has unexpected departures, I can only see Spike as a walk on.

As far as I'm concerned, and I feel confident the WSU staff agrees, if he wants to be a part of a REALLY good team and contribute, he's more than welcome here.

Comment

Brendan F. Quinn Verified account 
                  ‏@BFQuinn
                  Spike Albrecht to visit Purdue tomorrow, seeks dates to Wichita St., others
                  Michigan not being considered an option

Comment

Coaches from Wichita State visited Ann Arbor on Tuesday to talk with Spike Albrecht and the interest is mutual. According to Chuck, a visit date is in the process of being worked out.

Comment

Albrecht appears to me at first glance (with little information to go on) as an unselfish, high BB IQ, good outside shot, versatile player who complements other players and would be a good fit on any team and would make a team better. I don't see any negative risk. He appears to be another successful walk on candidate for this team.

Comment

"A two-year captain, Spike Albrecht's best season at Michigan came as a junior in 2014-15. Carrying an injury-laden roster on two bad hips, he won team awards for co-MVP, sportsmanship, hustle, leadership and most assists. Albrecht averaged 7.5 points, 3.9 assists and 2.3 rebounds in 32 minutes per game, making 18 starts in 31 appearances. His 3.0 assist/turnover ratio (121 assists, 41 turnovers) ranked No. 1 in the Big Ten."

Comment

Walk on

Comment

If WSU could somehow get Albrecht as a walk-on, that would be a major coup. He was a player worth having even when he had bad wheels (axles?), so if he's physically improved at all he could be REALLY worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              No, he doesn't look good?

No, it's maize and blue and not black and gold?

No, you don't want him at WSU?

Unless some team (other than Milwaukee) has unexpected departures, I can only see Spike as a walk on.

As far as I'm concerned, and I feel confident the WSU staff agrees, if he wants to be a part of a REALLY good team and contribute, he's more than welcome here.
                              No, don't want him. If he was truly recovered from his injury and ready to contribute why wouldn't he return to Michigan for whom he has professed undying love. Just don't see any upside to putting a less than 100% Spike in the mix.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X