X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrill Holden LA Tech Junior Transfer 6'8" 220

Jon Rothstein Verified account
    ‏@JonRothstein

La Tech transfer Merrill Holden told @CBSSports he's considering Alabama, Wichita St, Cincinnati, UNLV, Iowa St, UCF, Illinois, and Jax St.

Averaged 8.1 points last year

## Player GP GS Tot Avg FG FGA Pct 3FG FGA Pct FT FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
    21 Holden, Merrill 23 16 539 23.4 65 126 .516 2 9 .222 55 77 .714 47 68 115 5.0 78 6 2 32 26 9 187 8.1
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The alignment is a little tough to follow, but did I read that correctly: two assists and six DQs? Goodness.

A 3-1 foul-out to assist ratio isn't exactly ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        The alignment is a little tough to follow, but did I read that correctly: two assists and six DQs? Goodness.

A 3-1 foul-out to assist ratio isn't exactly ideal.
        Easier format

## 21
        Player Holden, Merrill
        GP 23
        GS 16
        Tot 539
        Avg 23.4
        FG 65
        FGA 126
        Pct 0.516
        3FG 2
        FGA 9
        Pct 0.222
        FT 55
        FTA 77
        Pct 0.714
        Off 47
        Def 68
        Tot 115
        Avg 5
        PF 78
        FO 6
        A 2
        TO 32
        Blk 26
        Stl 9
        Pts 187
        Avg 8.1
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The only thing worse than Jucos are one year transfers. There were a ton of blowouts where Rauno could have played 15-20 minutes this year. Grady's minutes. I believe he would have been much more developed by the end of the season. Unless it's Kareem Olajoneal I am not interested.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            The only thing worse than Jucos are one year transfers. There were a ton of blowouts where Rauno could have played 15-20 minutes this year. Grady's minutes. I believe he would have been much more developed by the end of the season. Unless it's Kareem Olajoneal I am not interested.
            Agreed. I don't see anyone on our roster that I'd want to move out in order to move this kid in.

Should've clarified, I agree with the not interested part, not the Jucos are bad part.
            Last edited by ShockdaWorld; April 15, 2016, 01:53 PM.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              I was always a pretty big fan of Malcom Armstead, Carl Hall, Cleanthony Early, Darius Carter, Ben Smith, Joe Ragland, Clevin Hannah and Chadrack Lufile. Hell, even if I dismiss the fact that he missed a month with a spinal concussion I would take an Anton Grady every year.

Comment

I don't mind JUCO guys so long as they are the cream of the crop. We've had pretty good success with the all-american level guys.

Comment

Thanks, im4.

So he did indeed have three times as many DQs as assists, and a 1/16 (!) ratio of assists to turnovers. Yes, I know bigs often tend to pass less and turn it over more, but those are not good looking numbers.

Comment

@JonRothstein Louisiana Tech transfer Merrill Holden told @CBSSports his new list is Iowa St , Illinois, Cincinnati, Jacksonville St, WVU, and UCF.
                    Shared via CBS Sports
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

That new list appears to be a little closer to "at his level", especially sans WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        That new list appears to be a little closer to "at his level", especially sans WSU.
                        Every single one of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          I was always a pretty big fan of Malcom Armstead, Carl Hall, Cleanthony Early, Darius Carter, Ben Smith, Joe Ragland, Clevin Hannah and Chadrack Lufile. Hell, even if I dismiss the fact that he missed a month with a spinal concussion I would take an Anton Grady every year.
                          Kadeem Colby was decent as well.

Comment

Chris Williams ‏@ChrisMWilliams ยท 11h11 hours ago

BREAKING: La. Tech grad transfer Merrill Holden tells CF he has signed w/ Iowa State. Details, quotes here. http://cyclonefanatic.com/basketball...th-iowa-state/

Comment

Working...
                            X