Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connor Vanover 7'5 C Oral Roberts Transfer

Now that we're signing kids from Arky - here's an intriguing prospect:

7'3 Connor Vanover may be best known for his stature. Recently, the 16 year old 10th grader has elevated his game while playing on the national circuit with ...

Only three offers so far but he's a national top 25 kid for his class. Mechanics on his shot are just about flawless. Can you imagine being an opponent in high school and trying to defend a 7'2" guy shooting 3's?

Someone alert Todd Butler.

Comment

I'd like to see some tape of him playing against somebody over 6 feet tall just to see what he's got. He looks really good against guys he's more than a foot taller than.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

He has a couple of years to improve, but the D1 game (at least the top half) is way, way faster than what he appears able to play at right now. But I like the skills he brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I'd like to see some tape of him playing against somebody over 6 feet tall just to see what he's got. He looks really good against guys he's more than a foot taller than.
          That's what is so funny about those 3 pointers. What is some 5'10" guard supposed to do to defend that? I can just hear a coach now - "Get a hand in his face!" "But Coach, I can't even reach his face."

And he's a legit prospect. Verbal Commits has his composite rating at 33 right now for class of 2018. Rivals lists 4 offers, Alabama, Arky, Ole Miss and Vandy. At this point, a top-50 player, no doubt. Have to see how he continues to develop athlectically. Reminds me of Shawn Bradley in a lot of ways except Bradley couldn't shoot like this guy.

Comment

Great coordination for someone at that height at that age. He's got some time to develop some athleticism and foot speed. Didn't show much of a vertical, but he doesn't need a vertical against the competition he's facing now.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm seeing a pale Ralph Sampson

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Nope. White players can only be compared to other white players, and black to black.

Look again...maybe a little Dirk Nowitzky?
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Nope. White players can only be compared to other white players, and black to black.

He's German and thus can only be compared to other German players

Comment

no handles?
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We could try this
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        I almost made the comment he reminded me of Sampson.

Stutz also came to mind, but I remember seeing video of Stutz in high school, and this kid is well beyond where Garrett was as a senior. The question will be if he can develop the footwork and mobility that Garrett did at WSU. If he can, he'll be a major, major player.

Comment

What I would like to know is, "How well can he run the court?" I know Stutz didn't run it that well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            What I would like to know is, "How well can he run the court?" I know Stutz didn't run it that well.
                            I remember when Ostertag was going into his senior year at KWho. He said one of his goals was to be able to run a mile in under 7 minutes. I remember thinking 'if they could just make the court a mile long.....'

Comment

Put 20 lbs on this kid and he will be a monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X