Dwayne Sutton - UNC Asheville transfer - 6'5" Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwayne Sutton - UNC Asheville transfer - 6'5" Guard

WSU has asked for a transfer release so they can talk to him. Other schools in the fray, including Louisville.

I know HCGM can count, but if we lose a big so he can recruit another guard, I, for one, will be very disappointed. I'd rather lose a big to get a better big if this is what we're doing.

Comment

Seems like a long shot.

Comment

No need to overreact. Just have to keep shaving.

Comment

Trust, man, trust. Coach knows what he is doing (or at least he knows more than I do) so I will "hang up and listen" and just wait to be told.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I know HCGM can count, but if we lose a big so he can recruit another guard, I, for one, will be very disappointed. I'd rather lose a big to get a better big if this is what we're doing.
            With all due respect, if we were to get this kid I'd be elated!

As far as being overloaded at guard I give you exhibit A: Last Monday night.

I thougt this year we were painfully lacking a consistent punch at that third guard spot, unlike last year. Cotton was a threat for double figures every single game, home or away.

Comment

I think we'll be ok at the 3 next year. If you recall, Cotton went through a period where he was a non-factor on offense, teams wouldn't even guard him. He spent extra time in the gym and it paid off. Between Brown, McDuffie and Allen, we should be fine. I'm hopinh Allen's presence allows more time for McDuffie to play the 4, that could really open things up for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                With all due respect, if we were to get this kid I'd be elated!

As far as being overloaded at guard I give you exhibit A: Last Monday night.

I thougt this year we were painfully lacking a consistent punch at that third guard spot, unlike last year. Cotton was a threat for double figures every single game, home or away.
                We had two AA guards last season. Neither one of them looked like Arcidiacono in the tourney. We have three new guards coming in, one who will be eligible who transferred last year and two (one who had to medical redshirt) who played part of a season. We also had one leave in each of the last three years.

Why do we need any more guards right now? Seems like we need to evaluate the guards we have before we decide we need another one.

However, if coach wants to tell Allen, Frankamp or Shamet that they are free to transfer, who am I to say anything?

I would really rather see a true center be recruited and one of the bigs get told they are free to transfer. We started an undersized PF most of last season, I would rather see us starting a taller PF and/or having a true center. I think that was the missing link for us this year. If Bush Wamukota would have been half the player he appeared to be, I think we would have had a much better seed and would have went further in the tourney.

Comment

Keep on shavin every day.

Comment

The linked article mentioned that a U of L (Louisville) assistant would be calling. I wonder - does he bring the hookers with him? Or, if it's just a phone call, does the recruit get free phone sex?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      The linked article mentioned that a U of L (Louisville) assistant would be calling. I wonder - does he bring the hookers with him? Or, if it's just a phone call, does the recruit get free phone sex?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We didn't have that 3rd option this year. That's all i'm saying. How did the chickens 3rd option do against Nova?

But yeah, I agree that it would be nice to have a Ochefu type player in the middle. Who wouldn't want a 7'er and 250+ with quick feet patroling the middle? You & I both know GGG's trying to land that guy too.

Comment

An update from the local paper here in Louisville....

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            An update from the local paper here in Louisville....

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...-out/82741832/
                            "I'm willing to walk on..."

That may explain our involvement.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              "I'm willing to walk on..."

That may explain our involvement.
                              Part of that has to do with him being born and raised in Louisville... tuition is cheaper, etc. I think playing in his hometown is a big draw as well, along with the fact UL just self-imposed scholarship reductions too

Comment

Working...
                              X