Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise Elite Team

Here is the best I can do from memory on the roster:

Two international players to watch out for are Luka Zivco and Matt Haarms. Luka is from Croatia and Matt is from the Netherlands. Both go at least 6-10 in my estimation. Luka already has a skill set that would rival most college bigs-just need to see how that translates to the American game.

The other players have been mentioned on here before I believe.

Isiah Jasey
    Terrell Turner
    Derrick Walker
    Rakym Felder
    Roman Young
    Lindy Waters III
    Bryan Trimble
    Khameron Davis

and three Bahamans-Charles Bain, Radshad Davis and Godfrey Rolle

I will try to cover the Select team as soon as possible.

Thank you for trying to get some facts out. Some of these names are new to me. I think that you may have inadvertently left a several off. I remember a couple but there may be more that I don't remember or know. A couple of big names I remember are Jermaine Haley and K J Santos. Which team are they on? Elite or Post Grad?

Comment

Have no idea what happened to Haley, he bounces around like a ping pong ball at a college fraternitiy.

I forgot about Santos ...hmmm

Also Jonah Antonio from Australia is on the Select Team and can light it up.

Upon reflection I think Matt Haarms has to be at least 7-1, he towered over Jasey who is 6-9.
      Last edited by shoxlax; October 26, 2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

SportsEngine HQ supports the admins, coaches, and volunteers who make play happen with a full roster of tools designed to save time and grow participation—on one complete platform.

Box score from Elite team's first game. Shocker recruit Bryan Trimble was the leading scorer with 21.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          http://www.prepcircuit.com/game/show...ferrer=2058992

Box score from Elite team's first game. Shocker recruit Bryan Trimble was the leading scorer with 21.
          It looks like both teams played really good defense in the first 3 quarters and gave up in the last quarter.

Comment

Is anybody at Hartman Arena watching the tournament?

Comment

It's at North today and Hartman tomorrow. Yes watching a war between Sunrise and Prolific Prep now.

Comment

This Sunrise Elite team was in attendance at last nights Shocker game with Charleston Southern. Lots of height associated with this Sunrise team. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Is anybody at Hartman Arena watching the tournament?
                  Only thing you would have seen at Hartman today was Allstar Cheerleading
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Games at 1, 3, and 5 on Sunday?

Comment

Changed to 10, 12 and 2

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Changed to 10, 12 and 2
                        Don't the new officiating tendencies apply to these games?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Don't the new officiating tendencies apply to these games?
                          No actually they don't. The Sunrise game yesterday was a physical last man standing affair. Prolific Prep is loaded and are really coached well. Of course it's not a school only a basketball team

Comment

The Sun was rising yesterday morning .....

I watched the first 2 games yesterday at Hartman . It's a real shame they don't schedule games at prime time , and promote the event better . That was some of the most exciting basketball you'll see . You could take an all-star team from this tournament , and with Marshallesque coaching , challenge any college team in the country ......... Thon Maker is the real deal ....... 7-1 , handles the ball like a guard , and can shoot the 3.... His little brother is good also . Only 6-9 , but just a Jr. AIP looked sluggish the 1st half , and Sunrise raced to a 16 pt lead . 2nd half , Thon came alive and started to exert himself !! AIP whittled down the deficit , but Sunrise held on down the stretch....... And the game flowed so much better than the Shock's game.........

Sunrise kids -- Lindy Waters signed with OK St at halftime of the 2nd game ...... 6-6 wing , nice
                            -- Bryan Trimble , another 6-3 guard , but jumps out of the gym , I'd take him
                            -- 6-8 Walker looked pretty good , big solid kid
                            -- 6-10 Jasey , big , can run , need another look .... too many kids to look at ........
                            -- 7-2 Matt Harms ...... not without talent , needs weight , muscle , more muscle , and learn how to come off your toes
                            and go into the air. Give hime credit , he wasn't scared to go up against The Thon .........
                            I'd take the kid in a heartbeat , he is 7-2 .............

Many other kids I'd love to have also ...... 6-8 Josh Jackson out of Prolific Prep ( California ) is supposed to be # 3 ....... he's smooth , and a natural outside shooter , probably could play the 2 spot ..... bit of an attitude , came out 2 diff times and came over and slapped the chair real hard .........

Where was everybody ?? Couldn't have been over 100 fans there ...... and no , I didn't see Danny out there......

Comment

Had plans with friends to attend the games but the rescheduling messed that up quickly. Church starts at 10 and my wife wasn't gonna let me out of that... Even to see Thon Maker play.

Comment

Working...
                              X