JUCO PF Emmitt Holt 6'7'', 225 offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUCO PF Emmitt Holt 6'7'', 225 offered

According to Verbal Commits, the Shockers offered another JUCO PF yesterday.

Not sure what to think about this one. The risk to reward ratio doesn't really seem in our favor.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
      Not sure what to think about this one. The risk to reward ratio doesn't really seem in our favor.
      I'm sure our coaching staff will do their due diligence and investigate thoroughly but for those few who have been calling Conner juvenile names will have to call this guy names too to be consistent.

Comment

Everyone deserves a second chance. I obviously know very little about the situation at IU, but if he was asked to leave because of underage possession of alcohol, that seems rather harsh. If the dude has learned his lesson and will make better decisions going forward, he seems like a good get for the front court next year.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Strong body, huge wingspan, hits the boards hard. Freshman are going to be up and down -- but he had some nice games in limited minutes. Scored 15 with 5 boards vs Pitt. Had 5 points and 7 boards vs #22 OSU. In the game before Indiana faced the Shox, Holt had a 6 point, 12 rebound game against #8 Maryland. That would've been film that Marshall studied closely.

Important to note: He wasn't drunk in the car-related incident, and police determined it wasn't his fault. The second incident wasn't all that serious, just a fine for possession of alcohol while underaged. He wasn't drinking nor was he driving. I kind of agree with his take about just acting like a college student on a weekend. I'm not criticizing Indiana's decision to boot him, just saying I wouldn't place the risk level very high.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Indiana Hoosiers vs. Pittsburgh Panthers NCAAM game from December 2, 2014 on ESPN.
          Last edited by Wuzee; October 8, 2015, 10:53 AM.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I agree that it probably isn't a big deal but as in all alcohol/drug incidents it needs to be scrutinized and appropriate action taken by all parties.

Comment

I'm more concerned by the fact that he didn't learn from his first mistake, especially knowing everybody was watching him.

And while it may be true, I don't like him floating the "I was just doing what college students do" thing out there, seemed to imply that he still hadn't learned his lesson and was making excuses.

Comment

Read this that @pinstripers: posted above: http://www.iuhoosiers.com/news/2014/...l_Program.aspx

He averaged 19.8 points, 14.6 rebounds and 5.0 blocks per game as a senior. He boasts a 7-3 wingspan and earned second team All-State honors and was a finalist for Mr. Basketball in New York. He also earned Democrat and Chronicle All-Greater Rochester team honors in 2013 and 2014.

"I think Emmitt has unlimited potential, he kept getting better and better.," noted Spadoni. "He is a team player, and I think when you put him in a highly competitive environment like that it will bring even more out."

During the summer, he played in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) for Albany City Rocks and coach Jim Hart. In EYBL games, he posted averages of 11.6 points, 7.1 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per contest while shooting at a 60 percent clip from the field this summer. He had originally planned to go to prep school in 2015 and was encouraged to do so by many high major programs, before Crean and his staff offered him a chance to play in the Big Ten this coming year.

"He was our most important player," noted Hart. ""A lot of qualities you'd want in your point guard, he gives in your front court," Hart said." Most bigs don't make perimeter guys better."
                "Emmitt has a plus 7 wingspan which he uses to rebound, score around the basket, and block and alter shots. His energy and competitiveness come to life quickly when you watch him. We are very impressed with his feet, touch and feel for the game and look forward to his ever growing development." - Tom Crean
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Holt probably needs to use this to grow up a little and I'm sure our staff will or has made a good judgment call. Indiana's basketball culture hasn't been sparkling under Crean. If Holt chooses WSU his new teammates would be setting a better example IMO.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    Holt probably needs to use this to grow up a little and I'm sure our staff will or has made a good judgment call. Indiana's basketball culture hasn't been sparkling under Crean. If Holt chooses WSU his new teammates would be setting a better example IMO.
                    A father figure like Coach Heiar or HCGM, a more structured environment/culture, a campus that doesn't have as many distractions as IU and a year of maturity could do wonders.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Holt was a 3 star player in HS according to Rivals, for whatever that's worth. He was disappointed with his options following his Sr year and had planned to go to Prep School, then he got a surprise offer from Indiana in August which was desperate at the time to fill their roster. Still, for a guy that was brought in at the last minute to basically be on the scout team, he appears to have had more of an impact his first year than many IU observers expected.

Indiana Committed 8/20/2014

Other offers: Drexel, Duquesne, Fairfield, Hofstra, Towson, Vermont

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        Strong body, huge wingspan, hits the boards hard.
                        http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400587811
                        7'3" wingspan is huge. He sounds like a shot blocker too.

Comment

In all seriousness, maybe Holt can learn a lesson or two from Chris Jans -- and yes, I know that Jans isn't on staff -- about foolishness related to alcohol. It can mess up your life in any number of ways, and the sooner that lesson is driven home, the better.

Comment

Looks like a very physical player who can rebound and defend

Comment

Working...
                            X