No announcement yet.

2016 Game Changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very happy about landing a 4 star recruit, but yeah, it's pretty hard to call any guard from here forward a game changer. Game changer from what? Fred, Ron and Tekele? Top notch guard recruits should forever be called "status quo perpetuators" if they can keep us anywhere close to the level Fred, Ron and Tekele put us at. In this context, a game changer can only be someone who takes us in the wrong direction, and I don't think I want a game changer :)

Keyser and his fans need to hope he can be a status quo perpetuator more than a game changer... Here's to that being a reality, and welcome to the team!

Comment

'always liked those baltimore kids (who doesn't?), going way back. i can't think of any baltimore youngsters ever playing at wichita state though. new york city? yes. baltimore? no.

pretty cool. and the way he throws down looks like shamet.

Comment

Tough crowd on this board so this will be my last post. Good luck CJ & Shockers!

Comment

Thanks for the scoop @Slim:. Hope you decide to return.

Comment

Don't leave @Slim:! These guys just like to give our current guys all the props they deserve. We'd love to have you stick around!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
              Tough crowd on this board so this will be my last post. Good luck CJ & Shockers!
              Feel free to hang around. We've had some recruiting letdowns in the not too far past (as in great bets that fell through the Big Blue cracks), so some of us (me included admittedly to some degree) are a little callous.

Comment

The facts that A) the coaching staff sees him as filling Tekele's role and B) that is an appealing thing to him makes the odds of him becoming my favorite player in the near future pretty high.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Stick around! I didn't mean it to sound negative. Like Dover said, I just want to keep high fiving our current guys as well. I have no doubt Keyser can be great! We all look forward to his time with WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I'm very happy about landing a 4 star recruit, but yeah, it's pretty hard to call any guard from here forward a game changer. Game changer from what? Fred, Ron and Tekele? Top notch guard recruits should forever be called "status quo perpetuators" if they can keep us anywhere close to the level Fred, Ron and Tekele put us at. In this context, a game changer can only be someone who takes us in the wrong direction, and I don't think I want a game changer :)

Keyser and his fans need to hope he can be a status quo perpetuator more than a game changer... Here's to that being a reality, and welcome to the team!
                    Status quo perpetuator. LOL. I like it. Slim needs to know that is a compliment. We have two All Americans to replace. We will now have 3 four star guards on our team next year.

Comment

This was far from the toughest crowd on this board. If people had thought you were a KU troll, then you really would've seen something. ;)

But yeah, people here are going just going to be skeptical when someone registers and posts something like this. Don't take it personally. lol.

Comment

Looks like he could be a game changer to me. Quick, athletic, good defender, and a great leaper. At this point, HCGM has the luxury to be very selective when it comes to guards. If he doesn't think a prospect is a for-sure thing he's not going to give him a schollie.
                        Last edited by Shocker-maniac; September 17, 2015, 09:05 PM.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I guess that's it for Thin Skin Slim. Appreciate the scoop anyway. Keyser looks like a guy that can carry on the tradition. If we can land a 5 star big man, I might call that a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            Looks like he could be a game changer to me. Quick, athletic, good defender, and a great leaper. At this point, HCGM has the luxury to be very selective when it comes to guards. If he doesn't think a prospect is a for-sure thing he's not going to give him a schollie.
                            There is no doubt that his athletic abilities could lead to his being a dominant defensive player who could make the difference in games just like Cotton took over games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Johnny Gill is coming to Koch and singe "Game Changer" at halftime?
                              Singe?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I guess that's it for Thin Skin Slim. Appreciate the scoop anyway. Keyser looks like a guy that can carry on the tradition. If we can land a 5 star big man, I might call that a game changer.
                                that's the way you treat a guest. you call them names.

Comment

Working...
                                X