Ryan Kriener pf 6-9 2016 offered to Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Kriener pf 6-9 2016 offered to Iowa

@iowapreps: RT @SpiritLakeBB This just in! @4theTRIBE landing offers from Missouri and Wichita State

He's from Spirit Lake, IA. Previous offers include Pepperdine, Indiana State, UNI,. Interest includes Wisconsin, Iowa and Clemson.
    In the fast lane

Video

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
      Looks a lot more aggressive that what I had seen before. And like he's grown more athletic.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Nice wheels, good hands, thick, athletic for his size, and he's tall. Did you see him in the open court with the behind the back dribble? He looks just like a sleeper that Marshall finds (he has some looks but still not many). I have a feeling that more will be coming after him.

Comment

And he already knows how to block out!

Comment

I like big guys that look to dunk everything. This kid (of course these were highlights) has that look to dunk everything. I especially liked his ability to post up, drop step and dunk. It showed good body control. Not an explosive leaper, but as mentioned, has good size that he uses to his advantage. He runs the floor well, but I don't see him winning many foot races with the bigs we already have.

One thing I really like is he appears to have a good base of fundamentals. Some of his passes were just as nice as some of the dunks. He also looks to have good soft hands. Not all those passes he caught were online. It always seems that they guys that have the fundamentals excel in Marshall's program.

One negative is he appears to be much bigger than much of his competition. You always wonder how a kid who's always had a size advantage reacts when he starts playing against guys his own size.

I don't know if this is a bad thing or not, but he reminds me a lot of Jake White. Looks to be a hard worker, but maybe not as athletic (at least right now) as some of the guys he'll play against at WSU. Bottom line though, if Marshall likes him, I do too.

Comment

Anyone know how he's doing in the summer? I doubt that video included any other D1 athletes.

Comment

Seems to be quite a few offers out there for more perimeter players - an area we are
                pretty well stocked up on. Glad to see an offer for a quality big guy !

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Anyone know how he's doing in the summer? I doubt that video included any other D1 athletes.
                  Ryan is playing for Martin Brothers (Iowa) this summer and they will be playing in he National AAU U17 Championship which I believe is today. Before you get too excited, most top 150 don't play this tournament anymore and concentrate more on the Showcase evens in Las Vegas etc. Kind of makes me sick. Believe a Bohannan kid (UNI) also plays or Martin.

Comment

He's not a Top 150 player. That is why he is a sleeper and why he still doesn't have many offers. I think that the Shockers are the only Top 20 team offering and Missouri is the only P5 at this time. He has multiple offers from Great West teams, etc. As for Jake White, I believe that he was 6'6 or 6'7. I think that if Jake would have been 6'9 or 6'10, his skill set would have matched up better. He was a face up small forward who was a nice garbage man picking up loose balls and rebounding but he didn't have the athleticism to match up with the small forwards nor the height to match up with the bigger players. He was too much like Steve Kalocinski.
                    Here are some other videos with some taller players although not real games. The last video is from John Lucas's camp

6'9 Pf Ryan Kriener - YouTube

May 25, 2015 ยท Class of 2016. Premierbasketballleague.com

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

He sort of reminds me of a Paul Miller who can shoot from farther out.
                    Last edited by shockmonster; July 27, 2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I like his passing ability. You can tell he has good court vision.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        He's not a Top 150 player. That is why he is a sleeper and why he still doesn't have many offers. I think that the Shockers are the only Top 20 team offering and Missouri is the only P5 at this time. He has multiple offers from Great West teams, etc. As for Jake White, I believe that he was 6'6 or 6'7. I think that if Jake would have been 6'9 or 6'10, his skill set would have matched up better. He was a face up small forward who was a nice garbage man picking up loose balls and rebounding but he didn't have the athleticism to match up with the small forwards nor the height to match up with the bigger players. He was too much like Steve Kalocinski.
                        Here are some other videos with some taller players although not real games. The last video is from John Lucas's camp

6'9 Pf Ryan Kriener - YouTube

May 25, 2015 ยท Class of 2016. Premierbasketballleague.com

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

He sort of reminds me of a Paul Miller who can shoot from farther out.
                        Jake White is/was 6-8. Jake was a fine player, but not a star.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

If this is the same kid I'm thinking of he was at the game @UNI two years ago as a skinny sophomore.

He talked to either Heiar or Jans after the game as they knew his HS coach.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Jake White is/was 6-8. Jake was a fine player, but not a star.
                            I don't remember 6'8 in high school but that isn't a big difference. If you look at his HS hi-lite videos, I think you'll see a lot of 3 point shots. We will see how much Gregg likes Ryan. He may very well be a Plan B recruit.

Comment

Lol Jake White. I don't care if this kid is playing against 6th graders in the parochial league...he's a monster compared to Jake White. Get to the rim two-hand dunks. Perhaps not done to D-I players (even in the MVC)...but goodness...wayyyyyyyyy more athletic than Jake White.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X