Breein Tyree 2016 6-2 PG Offered to Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breein Tyree 2016 6-2 PG Offered to Mississippi

@TheRecruitScoop: Wichita State offers 2016 Sports U (NJ) guard Breein Tyree.

Last edited by Remember'70; July 6, 2015, 06:49 PM.

Tyree plays AAU for Markis McDuffy's old team.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
      @TheRecruitScoop: Wichita State offers 2016 Sports U (NJ) guard Breein Tyree.

http://youtu.be/BwMJ2ee4m9o
      A Shocker buddy of my that reads SN daily called me to watch this highlight clip saying this player reminded him of Robert George. Remember how Robert George would be weaving in and out of traffic like a rock star, make that 'fake pass behind the back move' which would work almost every solitary time as though it was a Tyrone Shoelace crossover, and finish? I like this recruit and the way he penetrates, can really finish, dish, dunk, etc. Against some very talented guards from Oklahoma State and Alabama, Robert George out-performed them all IMO.

Obviously, Frankamp will get one of the 5 ships for the next Season following this exciting one. Is he more of a 1 or a 2 or both? Dunno--too early--stay tuned. I really think in time Mr. Barney may earn one but not sure when. That leaves 4. Hmmm. When I see the surpass in the quality of recruits we are after, it makes me all tingling inside. We can be very selective now and we will have playing time to offer for those who have game with so many solid Seniors graduating this Season. PT is not only as effective as a dangling carrot, we also have a Coaching Staff that will outwork our foes, find sleeper recruits, and woe them here at 21st and Hillside. U like?
      Last edited by forevershockerfan; July 10, 2015, 06:47 PM.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Tweet:

5-Star Guard (NJ) 6'2 Breein Tyree (@Breety5 ) is down to Kansas State, UMass, & Ole Miss.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          Tweet:

5-Star Guard (NJ) 6'2 Breein Tyree (@Breety5 ) is down to Kansas State, UMass, & Ole Miss.
          Now will he get a star deducted from his profile if he signs with one of those "what have you done for me lately" schools????
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Tweet:

If he's a 5* so is CJ.

Comment

Tweet:

With a list of schools like that, I'm guessing he isn't 5 star based on his decision making skills.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                With a list of schools like that, I'm guessing he isn't 5 star based on his decision making skills.
                My point was that CJ is just as good or better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  My point was that CJ is just as good or better imo.
                  I know (and agree). I actually checked around and I can't see any reference to him being 5* outside of the tweet. Rivals, ESPN, and 247 all have him as a 3* and Scout has him at 0*, which makes a lot of sense because that school list looks a lot more reasonable for a 3* than a 5* because if you had the choices at your disposal that a 5* player does it is hard to see that being your final 3.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Verbal to Ole Miss.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Now will he get a star deducted from his profile if he signs with one of those "what have you done for me lately" schools????
                      Welp, now he's had a star added (and is now a 4-star) because he signed with a P-5 program. Just kidding, of course, but I bet it happens more often than most people think.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        ...he's had a star added (and is now a 4-star) because he signed with a P-5 program. Just kidding, of course, but I bet it happens more often than most people think.
                        There are certainly any number of football recruits whose rankings improve after they commit to big name programs, so it wouldn't be surprising in basketball.

Comment

I asked Adam Zagoria why Keyser went from an ESPN 4 star to a 3 star the day he committed to WSU. His response was, "Not sure, but there's no doubt rankings are sometimes impacted by what schools kids end up at." My response to that is how do they EVER grade a true recruiting class? Always has Duke, UNC, UK as the highest rated recruiting classes. Of course they always will be highest rated, as the kids automatically become 5 star when they sign there.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                            I asked Adam Zagoria why Keyser went from an ESPN 4 star to a 3 star the day he committed to WSU. His response was, "Not sure, but there's no doubt rankings are sometimes impacted by what schools kids end up at." My response to that is how do they EVER grade a true recruiting class? Always has Duke, UNC, UK as the highest rated recruiting classes. Of course they always will be highest rated, as the kids automatically become 5 star when they sign there.
                            Funny how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              There's a name for that type of self-fulfilling prophecy.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X