Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    12 rebounds of the bench is impressive. No doubt he would have been a useful piece this year.

Ticky-tack or not, you have to know time and situation. Thankfully for him, he plays for UK and in no danger of missing the tourney.
    Rebounding seems to be a forte of Willis. Not sure how next Season will match up to this one. Even so, look for slots 3, 4, and 5 to be improved along with rebounding. Even so, Baker is our leading rebounder this Season and FVV is above the curve as a rebounding point guard. Shamet also is a solid rebounder for a guard, so we will see how all of this shakes out.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• If he wants to walk on and pay his own way, I'd be glad to have him transfer in. if coach wanted him.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I was listening to fox sports radio today and one of the guests was talking about how difficult it is for Cal to navigate the one and dones. He then started to talk about those players that get lost in the shuffle and Humphries was a prime example. The talk is that Humphries is looking to leave knowing that his playing time will not get any better with the next batch of one and dones coming in next year. There are a couple of articles about Humphries leaving on the net and this is just one of them. Would be interesting if he would be willing to pay his own way for a year as we will have plenty of scholarships to offer in 2018.

Georgia Bulldogs news, stats, photos and video from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Comment

• That would be lame if he did. Instead of looking for the glorious NBA paycheck via Kentucky signees...it would be cooler if he simply wanted to PLAY meaningful minutes for a good to great program while being DEVELOPED for an NBA roster. Of course that goes agsinst the grain these days...but always neat to see...at least for this sports fan.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• In an ESPN interview Marshall mentioned that both Mulder and Humphries had committed to WSU. I thought it was interesting that he said that about Humphries. I knew Mulder had given WSU a verbal and been ready to sign until his coach screwed us but I had no idea that Humphries had actually committed.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              In an ESPN interview Marshall mentioned that both Mulder and Humphries had committed to WSU. I thought it was interesting that he said that about Humphries. I knew Mulder had given WSU a verbal and been ready to sign until his coach screwed us but I had no idea that Humphries had actually committed.
              That is really surprising to hear that a player of that recruiting caliber could commit and not have it become public knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                That is really surprising to hear that a player of that recruiting caliber could commit and not have it become public knowledge.
                Two things:

He was Australian, so even though he was ~ top 50 in talent, he wasn't on all of the rankings.

He reclassified to 2015 late in 2015.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Also makes it considerably less likely that we will be an open door for his transfer considerations IMO.

Young man screwed the pooch when he made that choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Also makes it considerably less likely that we will be an open door for his transfer considerations IMO.

Young man screwed the pooch when he made that choice.
                    Maybe. I'd be pretty surprised if he decided he wanted to walk on to WSU next year, but if he does, I'm sure Marshall will welcome him.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Don't get me wrong - if Gregg wants him, then I do too.

However, we've seen how he holds a grudge after being stabbed in the back by recruits and assistants reneging on a prior promise. This may be the lone exception where he would not have an elephant's memory as you suggest.

Maybe.

Comment

• Coach usually ain't too much on somebody who goes back on his word.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          It may not have been in the publications but It was fairly common knowledge that there was a big time 2017recruit that WSU was trying to get reclassified at 2016 but didn't know if he could have the high school transcripts to qualify. Then all at once, Kentucky qualified him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            It may not have been in the publications but It was fairly common knowledge that there was a big time 2017recruit that WSU was trying to get reclassified at 2016 but didn't know if he could have the high school transcripts to qualify. Then all at once, Kentucky qualified him.
                            Actually it was 2016 recruit reclassified to 2015. Otherwise, yes.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Humphries probably thought that UK was just a transition step to the NBA. He didn't realize that you actually have to prove your worth while you're there. Coach Cal is really good at getting the very best NBA ready players to come to UK. He is not that good at developing players that are not quite ready. At some point, you would hope some of these kids will start realizing that some coaches are better "coaches" than Cal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Humphries probably thought that UK was just a transition step to the NBA. He didn't realize that you actually have to prove your worth while you're there. Coach Cal is really good at getting the very best NBA ready players to come to UK. He is not that good at developing players that are not quite ready. At some point, you would hope some of these kids will start realizing that some coaches are better "coaches" than Cal.
                                I think Cal is pretty good at developing talent. Not every top 25 makes it to the Association. Isaac is a big skill player that is not overly athletic. Running with the athletes at Kentucky is probably not his strong suit. He needs to be in a slower Big 10 style offense to showcase his ability. I wouldn't put that on Cal.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X