Cullen Russo pf 6-9 2015 to Fresno State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cullen Russo pf 6-9 2015 to Fresno State

@RyanJamesMN: New Mexico JC forward Cullen Russo says he is "visiting Witchita State this weekend and possibly Minnesota the following weekend"

I'm on the run. A little more on him in available bigs.
    Last edited by tropicalshox; April 14, 2015, 02:52 PM.
    In the fast lane

This guy is no stiff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12qyfkK18I
    Basketball- http://www.myrecruitez.com Cullen Russo has matured into an elite basketball player over the past two years. Southern Tech Prep has done him good...
    Last edited by blackandgold; April 14, 2015, 09:51 AM.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

Well, shoot! We better get on the Witchita State fan forum/message board to see what they're saying. Anyone have a link?

Comment

<Moved from the Bigs thread>

Russo is interesting. Also being recruited by TTU and Minnesota. He has solid, if not spectacular, scoring and rebounding stats with 12 ppg and 6.6 rpg. Shot 51% from the field and 60% from the line. He was stronger offensively in the second half of the season, scoring in double figures in 12 of his last 15 games.

Russo can stretch the floor a bit, shooting 31.9% from three-point range on 15/47 (39% over the last 15 games). He's not a big shot blocker (0.9 per game).

Interesting stat about Russo -- he was second in Region 5 (and in the Top 150 nationally) in steals with 1.79 per game. Very unusual for a post player.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Looks very promising physically.

Comment

Wow, that is some of the lowest level of basketball I've ever seen. Seriously, I've played intramural ball, even Friday-night rec ball, that was way more competitive than that.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              @RyanJamesMN: New Mexico JC forward Cullen Russo says he is "visiting Witchita State this weekend and possibly Minnesota the following weekend"

I'm on the run. A little more on him in available bugs.
              As a software developer, this post makes me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Wow, that is some of the lowest level of basketball I've ever seen. Seriously, I've played intramural ball, even Friday-night rec ball, that was way more competitive than that.
                Level of competition not withstanding:

1) Looks like a nice compliment to Eric Hamilton
                2) Already wearing the right colors :-)
                3) Not sure if he is the type of Big we need
                4) Coach knows...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Sure, there's questions regarding competition, however I think I like this guy; I think I like him a lot!

He passes the WstateU 'eye test'.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

These clips are from Aug 2012 and Apr 2013, before his JUCO days so maybe he has bulked up a little. Nice athlete that can get off the floor.

Comment

A couple of photos of Cullen in action this season for NMJC. He's listed at 6-9, 220.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Somebody want to explain that first photo to me on how players from the same team would both be hanging on the rim. Even on a put back, I would have thought the first player would have dropped off. Russo actually has his right hand over the teammate's hand that is holding on to the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Somebody want to explain that first photo to me on how players from the same team would both be hanging on the rim. Even on a put back, I would have thought the first player would have dropped off. Russo actually has his right hand over the teammate's hand that is holding on to the rim.
                          I think what you're seeing here is the end result of Russo picking up his teammate, who was holding the ball, and dunking him through the goal. That's the most logical explanation.

Comment

@shockerfan: since you saw him play in person can you give us a description of his game? From the highlights he looks like a face the basket 4. Did he display any post moves? Also a queston on his height. He's listed at 6-9 but I saw a January article that put him at 6-6.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Could this kid compete against Power 5 centers, though?

Comment

Working...
                              X