VadimirBrodziansky-Pratt CC Fr-PF/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VadimirBrodziansky-Pratt CC Fr-PF/C

Have no idea if we are putting an active push together for the big Slovakian but his stock is rising. Gonzaga has been in to see him.

I guarantee you we are well aware of him.

Here is a blurb from Rivals (Free to Public BTW) this fall after a Juco Showcase:

Probably the most skilled post player to take the floor on Sunday was Pratt Community College's freshman big man Vladimir Brodziansky. He is thin, but at 6-foot-10 he has great touch, good range on his shot and a nice assortment of scoring moves around the post thanks to good footwork. The native of Slovakia is a qualifier who could head off to a Division One program next year with three years of eligibility. Based on what Rivals.com saw on Sunday, he is good enough to warrant attention from high majors.

It will be interesting to see if the Shockers go hard after any of the bigs in the article.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Trop, what do you know about Macam Macam? The very limited videos I have seen of him makes him look like a dream candidate to join our roster next year.

Looks like he may also be known as Macam Bak.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
        Trop, what do you know about Macam Macam? The very limited videos I have seen of him makes him look like a dream candidate to join our roster next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWTjlLugAY

You do realize he's deaf and can't speak? Would be quite challenging to say the least, not that he doesn't deserve an opportunity to play somewhere.

We do have one of the best Speech Pathology Master's programs in the country though.

Comment

I do realize that and I honestly don't think it should matter. Wichita State has a great Office of Disability Support Services who would help on the academic side and their services would in no doubt extend onto the court. And yes, the Communication Disorders Department on campus is also one of the best.

Dude's a beast.

Comment

Don't we have hand signals to designate the plays or the defensive alignment. Most deaf people are adept at reading lips and from how a different thread has touched on it looks as if most people on this board can read HCGM lips.:)

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Have no idea if we are putting an active push together for the big Slovakian but his stock is rising. Gonzaga has been in to see him.

I guarantee you we are well aware of him.

Here is a blurb from Rivals (Free to Public BTW) this fall after a Juco Showcase:

Probably the most skilled post player to take the floor on Sunday was Pratt Community College's freshman big man Vladimir Brodziansky. He is thin, but at 6-foot-10 he has great touch, good range on his shot and a nice assortment of scoring moves around the post thanks to good footwork. The native of Slovakia is a qualifier who could head off to a Division One program next year with three years of eligibility. Based on what Rivals.com saw on Sunday, he is good enough to warrant attention from high majors.
              The big fella is averaging 15 pts/gm and shoots 77% FT with 60 blocks/4th in the league. Smells like a scouting road triip for me.

Comment

The offense has to learn how to play deaf anyways because of the nature of Koch arena.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

The only problem I see would be on defense where the other team sets a screen on him and no one can tell him to look out for the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    The only problem I see would be on defense where the other team sets a screen on him and no one can tell him to look out for the screen.
                    If we're talking about Macam now, he should get a thread of his own to avoid confusion.

Otherwise, good point, 1979. A deafmute player can't protect his teammates, and they can't protect him. That's a serious problem.

Comment

If we were in a position to take a flyer on a guy, it could be worth it, but we're not that team, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWTjlLugAY
                        The only one from the article that I've been following any is Jordan Washington.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          If we were in a position to take a flyer on a guy, it could be worth it, but we're not that team, IMO.
                          Seems like we take our share of flyers on big guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                            True that. If we had the 'ship available and a deep bench already established, I'd be all for it

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                              So do 350 other D1 basketball teams. There are usually like 5 can't miss big men recruits in the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X