Anthony Miles-Verbal to Lamar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team Stats
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Well, those team stats raise a point of concern with me. The fact that he had 75 turnovers to 70 assists, and that he had 83 fouls. That gives me the impression that he is rather 'free-wheeling' in his play, which you might get away with, but not usually in a D-1 conference.

You have to take better care of the ball in D-1.

Comment

Although, if the rest of his team sucks, more or less, he's going to have fewer assists and may have more TOs because he's forced to do more and try to do to much to make up for lack of supporting cast.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I know they're just stats, but I can't just say the rest of his team sucks. As a team, they have the same 3 point % as Miles, and as a team, their overall field goal % is higher than Miles. Another player on the team has 23 more assists with 33 fewer turnovers and two other players with 117 assists between them have a 1.65/1 assist to turnover ratio. I don't think these stats, on their own, help his case, especially if we're looking for a true point where he's been primarily a scorer. We've got Kyles and Murry coming in.

Comment

I reread that article from late February and it sounded like he really liked us and would commit if given an offer. Maybe I was reading too much into it and maybe things have changed in the past month or so. With an open schollie and the need for a PG I'm interested to see what happens and which direction we go...
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Miles verbals to Lamar. He still needs 40 more points on his SAT to qualify.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Did he ever take that visit to WSU?

Comment

i get the sense that we never offered him
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

He was my fourth or fifth choice among discussed PGs. I am hoping the coaching staff could do better and will.

Comment

Working...
                    X