Julian Johnson: 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julian Johnson: 2010

Curious if anyone with site access can find anything on this kid? Do they cover Sophomores? This kid seems to have good hops, great numbers for a Soph and judging by the size of his feet, he will continue to grow. Plays for class 3 school but regularly plays larger schools like class 5. Won first sub-state game last night beating #9 class 3 state ranked team. Julian had 25.

6'3" 220 G/F. Averages 17.3 points; 7.3 boards and 1.4 blocks per game.

Read the latest St. Louis high school sports, high school athlete stats, high school schedules, recruiting news, photos and video from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch & STLtoday.com

Read the latest St. Louis high school sports, high school athlete stats, high school schedules, recruiting news, photos and video from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch & STLtoday.com

Rivals and Scout haven't listed him yet.
    In the fast lane

Comment

US Elite Basketball Camp Report
      January 14 & 15, 2006
      Dallas, Texas
      Prepared by Rob Taylor, Publisher
      Buckeye Prep Report

Although the U.S. Elite Camp encompassed three camps in one (including the Adidas Jr. Phenom Camp for 5th -7th grade boys and girls), our primary focus was on the class 2010.
      In terms of the national level talent participating in the camp, we saw Jackson Jeffcoat (#2), Travis Robinson (#3), Tony Cheanult

(#4), Julian Johnson

(#5), Steve Whittingham (#7), KC Ross-Miller (#9), Ronald Brown (#13), Jamison Sterns (#20), Randy Collins (#23), Dundrecous Nelson (#29), Javaughn Pinkston (#32), Ray McCallum (#40), Brian Holsinger (#49), Tim Peete (#52), Evan Washington, (#57), Bakari Turner (#74) and Deshaun Wiggins (#75) (rankings from US Basketball Spotlight).

BPR Top Twenty-Five

1.Tony Chenault 5’11 PG Philadelphia, PA

2.Travis Robinson 6’4 WF Philadelphia, PA

3.Javaughn Pinkston 6’5 C New York, NY

4.KC Ross-Miller 5’10 PG Dallas, TX

5.Jamison Sterns 5’9 WG Dallas, TX

6.Doron Lamb 6’2 WG New York, NY

7.Ronald “Tank” Brown 6’4 C Memphis, TN

8.Jackson Jeffcoat 6’4 C Dallas, TX

9.Dundrecous Nelson 5-10 PG Jackson, MS

10.Julian Washburn 6’4 PF Duncanville, TX

11.Julian Johnson 6’3 WF Hazelwood, MO

"Julian Johnson, a 6’3 WF from Hazelwood, Missouri, started off a little slow, but by the all-star game Johnson was ballin. I was most impressed with Johnson’s was his defensive intensity and his ability to guard much smaller and quicker players. Johnson is still the same strong and explosive player I saw at the Buckeye Prep Invitational Tournament in Columbus last year and he still attacks the basket very aggressively."

My guess is he's a player. Thanks for the heads up on this kid.

Comment

Went to Julian's district semi-final game tonight. They were blown out by 18 or 20 by a talented Cardinal-Ritter team.

I had (unofficially) Julian for 23 points (1/2 the team's total); 5 boards, 4 blocks and he took 3 charging fouls. He was 11-16 from the line. Took 1 three-pointer, was fouled and made all 3 throws. One of his buckets came on a tip back dunk. He has no other "players" on his team. It's a 1 man show. He is regularly double and triple teamed.

He brings the ball up the court to start the offense then they run him through the lane and screens. He plays great D and hussles well. He's a little shy and really tries to get his teammates involved (maybe a little too much).

Towards the end when they were down, they put him at point and spread the court and he went against 2 or 3 and took it to the hole. He was "hack a shack'd" each time and brought them back from the line to within 12 before Cardinal pulled away.

All in all, he seems to take coaching well, had a good demeaner and supports his fellow players. I'm no professional talent scout but I'd say he's almost an exact copy of a young PJ. However, he's already hit the weights and his very strong; no issue there.

Comment

Hoopmasters has him listed as #88 for class of 2010.

Listed at 6'4, 190.

Comment

appears to be rated @ #77 on hoopmasters class 2010.......................

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
            X