Perry Petty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Petty

Has anyone heard of this guy? According to some people here in Allen County, Wichita State is recruiting him. They say he is a 6 foot guard at Allen Community College here in Iola that he is fast and can shoot the three. I hadn't seen his name mentioned on here and hadn't heard of him, if it is true than I might actually go watch one of the Red Devils games.
    THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

According to JUCOJunction, Ark St, Butler, SE Mo St., UCF, UNLV are his schools of interest.

I don't know the last time it was updated.

Comment

Here mention of Perry and his brother when they played Cowley:

Here the stat page for Allen County College:

He is averaging 14.9 ppg, 4.29 rpg, 4.16 apg, 2.25 steals per game, shooting about 51.13%, 43.7% on 3's.

Comment

A guy who works with my wife and is a big Allen Community College fan told her about him and he says WSU and SMU are looking at him, or are who he has interest in. I don't know any more than what this guy is saying.

Comment

joco juntion also has Kstate as the only school for Abdul Herrera. Royal pointed out that those could be old.

So yeah check him out and let us know. I remember seeing him ranked pretty high on JJ.

Comment

He is #72 JUCO in the country.

I also stated that they don't update very often.

I think the JUCO's are not as highly recruited as the HS kids, and so they don't pay as close attention, especially to those outside the top 10.

Comment

Do you think this is legit, would we be in the market for another guard? Or could this just be wishful thinking on this guys part? I never go to Allen Community College games, but if this is legit I might try to catch a game, assuming they have any more home games.

Comment

I don't see know coach's entire thought process, but I can assure you he has no intention of having a walk-on start ahead of scholarship players in the future. We have a couple highly rated guards considering us, and at least one has been offered a scholarship. IF Coach Marshall considers this kid good enough to play, and fit his system, then I would imagine we would go after him.

Comment

Id prefer a post player as compared to a guard. But you know Im not a coach.

But I do post on shockernet

Comment

I think Coach is looking for the best players he can find. We have Stutz and (cough) EO coming in next year, with Clemente, Griz, and Ellis. I am pretty sure those 3 will be back.

Guards are where the real questions are, and without some shooters and ball handlers, good post players wont mean anything.

I see us getting a PF definitely. PG hopefully, SG and SF that are best available if possible.

I would love to see us add Flowers, McDonald, Beckham, and Herrera. That would balance out the classes a little and open up more schollies when TM, DK, GS, and CH are Juniors.

Comment

CH will be a junior next year.

Comment

LOL...you know what I meant...

Supposed to be Beckham, the PG!

Comment

I'm afraid we may have Perry Petty's last year stats up further in this thread. He is averaging 20.9 point per game, 61.1% free throws, 49.5% field goal%, 33.3% from three, 4.5 Rebounds, 5.9 assists, and 3 steals this year in 29 games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                            I'm afraid we may have Perry Petty's last year stats up further in this thread. He is averaging 20.9 point per game, 61.1% free throws, 49.5% field goal%, 33.3% from three, 4.5 Rebounds, 5.9 assists, and 3 steals this year in 29 games this year.
                            I think you're correct. I like these stats much better!

Comment

The coaching staff doesn't want to be caught short on PGs again. This is likely the top priority in Spring signings and I anticipate a Juco and HS point guard to be added. It's obvious that neither have been nailed down in recent weeks, so I suspect we have looked at Perry.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X