No announcement yet.

Deshawn Corprew 6-5 SG 2016 offered To Arkansas LR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll have to change his name to Corphewwww if he signs with the beakers.

Comment

Concern with other teams when we need a true center....these 6'6 to 6'8 guys arent going to help us go deep in march imo

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
        Concern with other teams when we need a true center....these 6'6 to 6'8 guys arent going to help us go deep in march imo
        I disagree. First of all, Shaq isn't your average 6'8" guy. He's strong, agile and active, which wears his opponents down. I've been impressed by Grady as well. A little undersized, but he knows where he needs to be and he has good post moves.

We have Nurger coming off the bench. He looks much better than he did last year, and he's 6'10".

We might have problems with a team like Purdue, but I'm thinking their size will limit their mobility. Put someone like MM in the game and watch them foul trying to stop him..

Lastly, next year we have a 6'10" redshirt who will be available and 6'9" Darrlyn Wills.

Although I think it would be nice to have more size, I'm not sure it's an imperative.

We may have exactly the front line we want after this year with the group we have now. A lot of it will depend on Nurger getting a little stronger and how Barney develops. Both could well develop their skills well enough that the talent we have at the other positions will carry us.

Comment

Barney will never be more than a walk-on. He will not play meaningful minutes during his WSU career.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Barney will never be more than a walk-on. He will not play meaningful minutes during his WSU career.
            He did receive a Div. 1 offer. You may be selling him short.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              Who was that? I can't find it.

Regardless, if he's finding his way into our rotation, I would be VERY surprised.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I may be mistaken but I thought it was either AULR or S. Dakota. Shoxlax would know I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  I disagree. First of all, Shaq isn't your average 6'8" guy. He's strong, agile and active, which wears his opponents down. I've been impressed by Grady as well. A little undersized, but he knows where he needs to be and he has good post moves.

We have Nurger coming off the bench. He looks much better than he did last year, and he's 6'10".

We might have problems with a team like Purdue, but I'm thinking their size will limit their mobility. Put someone like MM in the game and watch them foul trying to stop him..

Lastly, next year we have a 6'10" redshirt who will be available and 6'9" Darrlyn Wills.

Although I think it would be nice to have more size, I'm not sure it's an imperative.

We may have exactly the front line we want after this year with the group we have now. A lot of it will depend on Nurger getting a little stronger and how Barney develops. Both could well develop their skills well enough that the talent we have at the other positions will carry us.
                  Well said. Yeah, height is a great asset in basketball but it's not everything. The most deadly lineup in the NBA doesn't feature a player over 6'7. The great thing about 6'6-6'9 guys is that they're versatile. The ability to guard multiple positions is underrated. I think McDuffie, Brown, Kelly, etc all have that ability.

Comment

Barney eventually contributing along the lines of J.R. Simon would be fantastic. Very occasionally a minute or two that are not mop up like when FVV has two fouls in the first half and able to fill the position ok with two injuries in front of him.

That is a lot more than a typical walk-on. It also is really far from a rotation spot.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Ironically from UALR. Also note he played at Sunrise a year as well. I wouldn't think he would be able to play there if he was not a fairly solid player.

Don't forget that RB had only 2 D-1 offers.

If Barney blooms like Paul Miller did, he will be a good one by the time he is a senior. Maybe not MVC POY material, but certainly all-conference.

Comment

I found this article from Sullentrop regarding the visits Barney made during his recruitment. It is from 2015.

He visited the College of Charleston and also considered Massachusetts-Lowell, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville and Arkansas-Little Rock. Coaching changes complicated his future and made it easier to opt for WSU

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

More on Barney

Gregg Marshall says he has scholarship potential.

Comment

I found this article from Sullentrop regarding the visits Barney made during his recruitment. It is from 2015.

He visited the College of Charleston and also considered Massachusetts-Lowell, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville and Arkansas-Little Rock.
                            Thank you SK. I didn't think that I was confused this time. I knew that he wasn't a traditional walk on. I don't think he's another Ron Baker but he is capable of giving us depth and security when fouls accumulate during some games.

Comment

Thank you SK. I didn't think that I was confused this time. I knew that he wasn't a traditional walk on. I don't think he's another Ron Baker but he is capable of giving us depth and security when fouls accumulate during some games.
                              I would agree, but until we actually see him on the court and developing, all we have is speculation.

We will get our answer next year, but I'm betting by the time he is a Senior, he'll be better than Orukpe and some of the others we've had (including Bush Wamukota).

If he is just a role player, he performs his role well, and others on the team can pick up the slack on offense, he will definitely help the team before he graduates.

Comment

I would agree, but until we actually see him on the court and developing, all we have is speculation.

We will get our answer next year, but I'm betting by the time he is a Senior, he'll be better than Orukpe and some of the others we've had (including Bush Wamukota).

If he is just a role player, he performs his role well, and others on the team can pick up the slack on offense, he will definitely help the team before he graduates.
                                Count me in the group that does not believe Barney will contribute during games in 2017.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X