No announcement yet.

Deshawn Corprew 6-5 SG 2016 offered To Arkansas LR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ChadBrendel: 2016 guard Deshawn Corprew tells me he has cut his list to Texas, FSU, Cincinnati, ECU and Ark Little Rock.

Very strange!
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      @ChadBrendel: 2016 guard Deshawn Corprew tells me he has cut his list to Texas, FSU, Cincinnati, ECU and Ark Little Rock.

Very strange!
      Can you actually say that you have "cut" your "list" when you actually add to it in quantity?

Man what I would have given to use that logic on my Mom when I accompanied her grocery shopping as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Can you actually say that you have "cut" your "list" when you actually add to it in quantity?

Man what I would have given to use that logic on my Mom when I accompanied her grocery shopping as a kid.
        It works for the Public Education lobby in KS.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post

Very strange!
          He probably thinks either ECU or UALR is more promising than K-State, which is not surprising. But the main thing is that his "list" is still evolving, as they so often do. Who knows whether he'll give WSU a serious look? One thing about it -- the Shocks give him more chance of a serious NCAA run than K-State, ECU, and UALR put together. And you might be able to add a couple more alleged list members into the balance as well.

Comment

Eeesh...

@jeff:borzello: Four-star wing Deshawn Corprew has committed to Arkansas-Little Rick. That's a huge get. Had high-major options. Impressed at NBPA Top 100.

Comment

Really? Arkansas-Little Rock? WTH? I'm not surprised we didn't sign him. I'm surprised he made that decision. Listening to the wrong people perhaps?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                Really? Arkansas-Little Rock? WTH? I'm not surprised we didn't sign him. I'm surprised he made that decision. Listening to the wrong people perhaps?
                Maybe that's just where he wanted to go? A lot goes into a decision like this, maybe it's just the best decision for him. I hope it works out well for him.
                There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Korchek View Post
                  Maybe that's just where he wanted to go? A lot goes into a decision like this, maybe it's just the best decision for him. I hope it works out well for him.
                  Don't get me wrong. I've got nothing against the kid, and I hope I works well for him too. Just based on the very limited information I've seen about him, I was under the impression that high level basketball was what he was looking for. Seems if that is indeed the case, he had some much better options.

Comment

I'll never question a kid, especially a high level recruit, for committing to an "under the radar" program. In fact, I applaud it--it doesn't happen often enough I feel. Freshman talent in college basketball is way too stacked in the Power 5.

Tbh, we as a program will continue to fight that bias for years no matter what heights of success we reach, and many people will wonder why a recruit chose us over Syracuse, or UCLA, or Indiana, or wherever. Hell, Fred made a lot of people question his sanity when he stayed committed to us over reported interest from blue bloods.

So good for Deshawn. I hope he helps make UALR a great team and wins some games in the Dance.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Could also be a fit issue at WSU considering the presence for some time to come of Shamet, Allen (whose name I just realized could be abbreviated PAllen, God forbid), and maybe Zach Brown. In any case, good luck to him. I join RMS in preferring that he go someplace like UALR rather than a Power5 school.
                      Last edited by WSUwatcher; September 8, 2015, 04:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

He didn't sign with Little Rock and says he decommited.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Has he done a post-grad year yet at his prior prep school? He may bounce some more before he's finished -- or possibly he got that last-second better offer that some were expecting to happen.

Comment

Deshawn Corprew is a 6-6, 190-pound Small Forward from Virginia Beach, VA.

Latest crystal ball is showing KU.

Comment

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits · 58m58 minutes ago
                              2016 Quality Education (NC) F Deshawn Corprew has received an offer from Kansas. (HT @JamieShaw5) @_SHAWN_C

Comment

Hahahaha. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X