Recruit Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit Suggestion

In the class of 2010, this kid was rated #22 by one magazine. he is a 6'7" Forward for Dallas Kimball, home of David Kyles. He'd be a great get.

As impressive as Nash and Oyedeji were in their match-up, no one had a bigger impact on his team’s victory than sophomore Julian Washburn. The 6-foot-7 forward from Dallas Kimball showed why he’s such a well thought of young man in Big D.

Washburn, a class of 2010 prospect, scored 24 points and grabbed roughly 15 rebounds in his team’s 55-50 win over Hastings in what was the best game of the day.

Because of his great length and bounce, Washburn was the hardest player to defend for Hastings all game long. He found the holes to sneak into on offense for scores, played well above his head for buckets and crashed the boards for put backs. The youngster never really changed his countenance throughout the game and played an even-keeled game from tip to the final horn.

Washburn has been to Texas A&M and Baylor while schools like Texas, UCLA, Houston, Texas Tech, SMU and others have shown an early interest in him. He’s a high-major kid with great upside. His first impression was a good one.

We can hope that David is his best friend and mentor. Washburn is TexasHoops' #1 rated player in the class of '10.
    In the fast lane

Comment

I viewed 3 different lists of top 2010 graduates, and he was listed 22, 37, and 57 in the country for 2010.

Here is definately a PG (2009) we should go after:
      (note that he plays baseball too)

Comment

Snapshot9, The player I brought up was Julian Washburn, a 6'7" Forward at Dallas Kimball who is a sophmore. I think your first words are right. Your second thoughts were off I think. He is not a junior PG. Your link goes to a different player than Julian Washburn.

Comment

You titled the thread Recruit Suggestion, not Julian Washburn. Snap is just bringing up another recruit that he thinks we should recruit.

Comment

You're right McShocker, My fault!

Comment

More info on Washburn:

US Elite Basketball Camp Report
              January 14 & 15, 2006
              Dallas, Texas
              Prepared by Rob Taylor, Publisher
              Buckeye Prep Report

BPR Top Twenty-Five

1.Tony Chenault 5’11 PG Philadelphia, PA

2.Travis Robinson 6’4 WF Philadelphia, PA

3.Javaughn Pinkston 6’5 C New York, NY

4.KC Ross-Miller 5’10 PG Dallas, TX

5.Jamison Sterns 5’9 WG Dallas, TX

6.Doron Lamb 6’2 WG New York, NY

7.Ronald “Tank” Brown 6’4 C Memphis, TN

8.Jackson Jeffcoat 6’4 C Dallas, TX

9.Dundrecous Nelson 5-10 PG Jackson, MS

10.Julian Washburn 6’4 PF Duncanville, TX

Julian Washburn, a 6’4 PF from Duncanville, TX, has as much upside potential as any player in this class. Although I always knew the kid could play, he was spectacular at times in Dallas. Washburn, the son of Chris Washburn, maybe destine to follow in his father’s footsteps. Washburn is very long and lean, is super athletic and has serious bounce to his game. With his significant wingspan and quick hands, Washburn is a good defender and can easily dunk off the dribble. Keep an eye on this kid; he has the potential to be a great one!

Comment

Jordan Dressler, a 6'8" Junior from Columbia Rockbridge looks like another player the Shocks might want to take a look at.

Numbers like this don't look bad.

By the Tribune’s staff
                Published Saturday, February 2, 2008
                Jordan Dressler scored 31 points and grabbed 19 rebounds as the eighth-ranked Rock Bridge boys basketball team beat Raytown South 66-64 last night. Both totals were career highs for Dressler as the Bruins improved to 19-2.

Comment

Arsenio Williams - 6'4 W/PF from Fort Scott CC (Kan)

Averaging 21.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg.

Has put up over 1,000 points already, plus grabbed 550 reb.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X