College Recruiting- WSU Mentioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Recruiting- WSU Mentioned

I found an article about college recruiting that mentions WSU.
    I think you will like it.

Here is the link:

Talent evaluation has come a long, long way, but even with more info and higher stakes, it remains an inexact science.

Great article!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I wonder how often the BCS schools just look to see who the successful "mid majors" are recruiting and try to poach away their offers. Seems like a lot of guys we're on early blow up right at the end of their recruiting period.

Comment

I've had that thought too except for the word "just." Everyone worth their salt is trying to get out in front as being there from the beginning is a huge advantage. That said, I bet some interesting subterfuge happens to try to keep recruits under wraps.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

"He told me, 'You are a bad, bad, bad boy,'" Baker said in March.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            "He told me, 'You are a bad, bad, bad boy,'" Baker said in March.
            "Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do?"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
              I found an article about college recruiting that mentions WSU.
              I think you will like it.

Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...nexact-science
              Trying to understand where HCGM might stand on CF I came upon this article about what Coach values most in a potential recruit.

My questions are:

Beyond a courtesy initial contact with CF, which had to be extended, did HCGM ever seriously consider CF? I can't find a mention of a formal offer.
              If not, what criteria was missing in CF or was it just a forgone conclusion that CF would go to his life long dream? (Turned nightmare)
              Is it possible CF just doesn't fit HCGM guideline of his type of player?
              Why do all the pro CF people just assume HCGM would tweak his standard to placate their desire if so?

I know who I'm going to vote for tomorrow but, can't make decision where I stand on CF.
              To me team chemistry is just to valuable and one wrong ingredient can turn a well oiled machine into a train wreck in short order. Viva Las Vegas!

I also trust HCGM

In a related subject, since I assume CF is still going to school under scholarship can anybody even contact him about his BB future plans before the semester end?

Go Shocks!

Comment

I think that Frankamp committed to KU prior to his Junior year. I don't think there was ever a doubt.

Comment

Also, because he is no longer associated with KU basketball, CF can contact coaches all he wants. I believe the inverse is true as well, but not sure.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Transfer Rules

Q: How do I contact another institution about transferring?

A student-athlete (or his or her parents) may not be contacted by another institution'sathletics department staff member without first obtaining written permission from the student-athlete's current athletics director. This written permission usually is sent directly to the other institution, and is not given to the student-athlete. However, a student-athlete may write a letter to another institution expressing his or her interest in transferring. The original institution must provide the student-athlete with the opportunity for a hearing before a committee outside the athletics department (e.g., office of student affairs) if written permission to contact the second institution is not granted. The other institution shall not encourage the student-athlete to transfer, and may not provide the student athlete with financial aid until he or she has attended the institution for one academic year if the release is not granted.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 5, 2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

In addition to the above the conference of the current school may have their own transfer rules and restrictions applicable to all schools within the conference.

I would guess either Conner or his Dad has probably expressed interest in transferring to WSU to 3G. Who knows whether or not 3G has reciprocated by asking for permission to contact CF from the KU AD.

Most of the time such permission is granted unless a school suspects tampering. I think that is what happened with Leticia Romero who wanted to leave the K-State women's team after her 1st year and after Deb Patterson was fired. That turned into quite a mess. IIRC permission was initially denied by the KSU AD and that decision was upheld/confirmed by the hearing committee. After the hearing committee's decision new information became available that established that there had not be tampering but the KSU AD said he was powerless to override the hearing committee's decision and that KSU had no other avenues of appeal. Romero had to hire an attorney and he was apparently able to convince the KSU President and AD that perhaps they did have the authority to override the decision after all. Romero ended up at Florida State I believe.

KSU suspected Northern Colorado of tampering. Northern Colorado is coached by former KSU assistant Kamie Etheridge who hired her former boss Deb Patterson plus KSU assistants Shalee Lehning and Kelly Moylan.

Drawing national criticism, K-State refused to grant a release to star guard Leti Romero, a Spaniard who just completed her freshman season. Tim Fitz- gerald of Powercat Illustrated wrote that K-State officials suspected "one of the former coaches is actually dangling Romero as an enticement to get a new job."

Romero denied the former staff was involved in her decision to leave, and Ethridge declared: "Leti Romero will not attend Northern Colorado."

Romero recently said she would be willing to accept a release specifying she wouldn't follow one of her ex-coaches to another program, which in the wake of Ethridge's staff hires now would mean UNC, and Ethridge said that conditional release would close the matter and quiet the talk.

"I think Leti came to Kansas State because of (assistant) Shalee Lehning and Deb Patterson," Ethridge said. "She went 4,500 miles based on two relationships. When that changed, she felt like she needed to have a better chance to start over."
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 5, 2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Transfer Rules

Q: How do I contact another institution about transferring?

A student-athlete (or his or her parents) may not be contacted by another institution'sathletics department staff member without first obtaining written permission from the student-athlete's current athletics director. This written permission usually is sent directly to the other institution, and is not given to the student-athlete. However, a student-athlete may write a letter to another institution expressing his or her interest in transferring. The original institution must provide the student-athlete with the opportunity for a hearing before a committee outside the athletics department (e.g., office of student affairs) if written permission to contact the second institution is not granted. The other institution shall not encourage the student-athlete to transfer, and may not provide the student athlete with financial aid until he or she has attended the institution for one academic year if the release is not granted.

If said player has been removed from the team, does same player actually have an AD?

Comment

Why not, Bluz? Everyone at WSU, from music and art majors to athletes, has Eric Sexton as AD, because that's his position at the institution. It's just that Sexton is more immediately relevant to the intercollegiate athletes than to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            If said player has been removed from the team, does same player actually have an AD?
                            Yes, he is on athletic scholarship through the end of the semester and it's important he stays academically eligible.

Comment

Working...
                            X