Michael "Baby Durant" Porter '17 - 6'8" Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael "Baby Durant" Porter '17 - 6'8" Offered

According to the below article Wichita State has offered Columbia, MO's Michael Porter.

He's a top 5 prospect in his class…Serious player!!!
    Livin the dream

Comment

I hope he can create his own shot as it seemingly takes him 3 minutes to release the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
        I hope he can create his own shot as it seemingly takes him 3 minutes to release the ball.
        He's no Ron Baker when it comes to release, but I think we have room for him.
        Livin the dream

Comment

True. Maybe Ron has spoiled me.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            He's a top 5 prospect in his class…Serious player!!!
            What does top 5 in his class mean?
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              What does top 5 in his class mean?
              Per more than one source, Porter is one of the five best players that will graduate high school in 2017. What that means is that he will be one of the top 2 or 3 targets for the likes of Kansas, Kentucky, and Duke. When WSU lands him, the NCAA will stop by to say hi.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                He's no Ron Baker when it comes to release, but I think we have room for him.
                And Ron Baker isn't 6-8. The quick release may not be quite as critical to a 6-8 player as it is for a 6-3 player like Ron. Besides this kid is really just a kid. What is he 15 years old.

Comment

His family is currently connected to Mizzou at the hip. If Mizzou women's basketball continues to suck, his aunt (who was previously the HC at ISU-red) gets fired, his dad gets fired, his sisters transfer, then we got a real shot. His mom played basketball at Ioway, so if Mizzou U falls thru, maybe Ioway U also has a shot at Baby D and all the rest of the Porter youngens (eight total). The first three sibs (Bri before her ACL injuries, Cierra and Michael) are all top fifty players. This family could be a basketball dynasty somewhere.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                    His family is currently connected to Mizzou at the hip. If Mizzou women's basketball continues to suck, his aunt (who was previously the HC at ISU-red) gets fired, his dad gets fired, his sisters transfer, then we got a real shot. His mom played basketball at Ioway, so if Mizzou U falls thru, maybe Ioway U also has a shot at Baby D and all the rest of the Porter youngens (eight total). The first three sibs (Bri before her ACL injuries, Cierra and Michael) are all top fifty players. This family could be a basketball dynasty somewhere.
                    Pingeton is nowhere near any sort of hotseat at Mizzou. She inherited a huge mess with basically the last two entire recruiting classes of her predecessor producing nothing. They have 3 high impact girls coming in from Rock Bridge HS in the next two years (the two Porters plus Sophie Cunningham). I have heard mixed things about Michael in terms of his college destination. Some seem to think that he will follow the sisters, but there also is talk that he will blaze his own path. The thing that I find particularly curious is that he opted not to attend the Class 6 Rock Bridge school like his sisters and instead plays for Class 2 Father Tolton High. So his high school production, you have to take with a grain of salt. Regardless he will be a big time, national recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                      Pingeton is nowhere near any sort of hotseat at Mizzou. She inherited a huge mess with basically the last two entire recruiting classes of her predecessor producing nothing. They have 3 high impact girls coming in from Rock Bridge HS in the next two years (the two Porters plus Sophie Cunningham). I have heard mixed things about Michael in terms of his college destination. Some seem to think that he will follow the sisters, but there also is talk that he will blaze his own path. The thing that I find particularly curious is that he opted not to attend the Class 6 Rock Bridge school like his sisters and instead plays for Class 2 Father Tolton High. So his high school production, you have to take with a grain of salt. Regardless he will be a big time, national recruit.
                      When you are not being uncivil, you are quite civil and make interesting posts.

I am glad that you visit us.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Current offers include KU, Missouri, Indiana and Baylor. Duke and North Carolina are planning to see him.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

One of the best things about the original Durant was that in addition to being enormously talented, he was by all accounts a humble guy not caught up in himself and about the best teammate imaginable.

In other words, attitudinally a perfect Marshall-type player; but if he's top five material barring some sort of debacle, he'll probably end up at Kentucky (right, AZ?) -- but it's nice that the Shocks have at least made him an offer.

Comment

One of the best things about the original Durant was that in addition to being enormously talented, he was by all accounts a humble guy not caught up in himself and about the best teammate imaginable.

In other words, attitudinally a perfect Marshall-type player; but if he's top five material barring some sort of debacle, he'll probably end up at Kentucky (right, AZ?) -- but it's nice to think that the Shocks have at least made him an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                              Jimmy Fallon had a neat interview with him recently. Fallon asked him who he plays with on the video game NBA 2k15. Durant said "Lebron" and Fallon laughed and asked why he didn't use himself in the game. Durant said he thought that seemed arrogant. In a different interview, he responded to people's nickname for him "The Slim Reaper." He gave himself the nickname "The Servant." Seems like a really down to earth guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X