Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haanif Cheatham 15 SG 6-5 Offered verbal to Marquette

verbalcommits.com/players/haanif-cheatham

espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/171182/haanif-cheatham

hoopsintel.sportswar.com/2014/05/21/haanif-cheatham-having-big-spring-looking-to-september-college-decision/

www.naplesnews.com/news/2014/apr/09/prep-boys-basketball-class-6a-all-state-team/
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Here we go again: okay, now -- Haanif? Do some people pick their kids' names while they're playing Scrabble, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Here we go again: okay, now -- Haanif? Do some people pick their kids' names while they're playing Scrabble, or what?
      that's what I named all my kids.......

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        that's what I named all my kids.......
        You sound like George Foreman. I can picture it now: Haanif Pinstripers, Haanif Pinstripers II, Haanif Pinstripers III, etc. It's actually pretty practical, because to an English speaker, Haanif is nothing if not unisex.

In any case, a 6-5 SG sounds interesting, because the two guys currently scheduled to be leaving after 2014 are Cotton and Carter. According to ESPN, though, he's currently just 175 pounds, so he'd need to bulk up quite a bit to be a true replacement for Cotton (not that replacing Cotton will be easy when the time comes, no matter who tries to do it).

Comment

My son once went on a mission trip to inner city St. Louis where he met an old guy who lives and helps people down there. All his kids are named Otis. Even the girls.

True story.

Comment

Relatively common muslim name, I believe.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It does have an Islamic sound, and I admit to not being up on such names; but we've heard a lot of them in the news in recent months, and Haanif is a new one on me.

Regardless, I like the idea of a 6-5 SG. That's good size for the position -- Jeff ******* might even approve.

Comment

You sound like George Foreman. I can picture it now: Haanif Pinstripers, Haanif Pinstripers II, Haanif Pinstripers III, etc. It's actually pretty practical, because to an English speaker, Haanif is nothing if not unisex.

In any case, a 6-5 SG sounds interesting, because the two guys currently scheduled to be leaving after 2014 are Cotton and Carter. According to ESPN, though, he's currently just 175 pounds, so he'd need to bulk up quite a bit to be a true replacement for Cotton (not that replacing Cotton will be easy when the time comes, no matter who tries to do it).

Zach brown probably got a good shot.

Comment

Alex Kline tweeted out tonight that he has a final six of Georgetown, Wichita St, California, Georgia, Marquette and Florida St.

ESPN shows that he has offers from Alabama, Cincinnati, FIU, KState, Miami, Murray St, Pitt, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, VCU and Virginia Tech.
                  Last edited by KochHead22; June 30, 2014, 08:49 PM.
                  Shox-4-Life

Comment

@H22_Cheatham: I want too thank all the coaches that shown interest in me. I am blessed too be in this position, my final 6 #TGBTG http://t.co/93pfBwxg7l
                    Attached Files
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
                      Alex Kline tweeted out tonight that he has a final six of Georgetown, Wichita St, California, Georgia, Marquette and Florida St.

ESPN shows that he has offers from Alabama, Cincinnati, FIU, KState, Miami, Murray St, Pitt, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, Vanderbilt, VCU and Virginia Tech.
                      Quite a geographic dispersal -- with WSU, as is often the case, the only school from outside a big-time basketball conference (assuming you put the New Big East in that category), just as Marshall is the only top ten coach from such a school.

Comment

I gotta tell ya, I am laughing my fao. Scrabble!!! Oh Lord, take me now.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Ooo.

I like the frame.

Basketball frame.

Hand size too.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The twitterverse says Cheatham dropped WSU from his top six.

Comment

Blergh. His loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X