No announcement yet.

K.J. Santos '16 sf 6'7" offered to Illinois Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's dropped in the rankings considerably, but is still a borderline top 100 player. Our need for a 6-7 wing has decreased considerably in the last year with Brown and McDuffie on board. I still like this guy a lot.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      He's dropped in the rankings considerably, but is still a borderline top 100 player. Our need for a 6-7 wing has decreased considerably in the last year with Brown and McDuffie on board. I still like this guy a lot.
      One thing about Marshall's offense is that it likes versatile, athletic, tall wings. We can cover three positions with this type of athlete if they play hard and have a "winning", unselfish attitude.

Comment

Mac Irvin swingman K.J. Santos tabbed Oklahoma and Wichita State as a couple of schools recruiting him most aggressively right now and thus two leaders.

"Those are my top (choices) probably," Santos said, "and I'm probably going to take visits to them after the July period."

Santos lists additional offers from Iowa, Xavier, DePaul, West Virginia and Wake Forest, among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
          Mac Irvin swingman K.J. Santos tabbed Oklahoma and Wichita State as a couple of schools recruiting him most aggressively right now and thus two leaders.

"Those are my top (choices) probably," Santos said, "and I'm probably going to take visits to them after the July period."

Santos lists additional offers from Iowa, Xavier, DePaul, West Virginia and Wake Forest, among others.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....sp?CID=1783911
          I think that KJ was injured for a while last year. I wonder why his recruiting status fell. Was it because of the injury? I wonder if Eric Bossi knows or has an opinion.
          Last edited by shockmonster; July 18, 2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Santos to attend SCA in Wichita this fall. Has official visits planned to WSU and OU.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Santos to attend SCA in Wichita this fall. Has official visits planned to WSU and OU.
              Interesting as both schools have gotten recruits from Sunrise.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I would think this news would place about a 95% chance Santos is on the Wichita State roster come 2016. I'm okay with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                  I would think this news would place about a 95% chance Santos is on the Wichita State roster come 2016. I'm okay with that.
                  It's a good sign, but far from 95%. Probably 40-50%. OU is probably pretty similar odds, and probably 10-20% elsewhere.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

It's a good sign, but far from 95%. Probably 40-50%. OU is probably pretty similar odds, and probably 10-20% elsewhere.
                    With his family history and Wichita State, and the fact that he will attend SCA, I'd put the odds for WSU higher than you and more than even with Oklahoma.

Comment

I have to like WSU's chances, too. If the five spots to be filled next year belong to Allen, Santos (or Horne, or even Sneed), a big guy, a true PG, and presumably Frankamp (who knows what the story is there, although eventually we'll find out), that would be a very impressive group, and an indication that Marshall's recruiting trajectory continues to be aimed up..

Comment

But what about Roosevelt Smart? I was assured by some LUC fan that WSU had tampered and stolen him away from them.

Seems odd given we have Frankamp and have since added Allen, and now this development. That is a lot of guards!

Comment

Oops, dizzle -- I forgot about Smart, and of course there's also Donovan Jackson from the juco ranks (see his thread). But KJ is 6-7, so he's not just another "guard" -- that's why he's now being listed as a SF.

Marshall and his staff can handle it.

Comment

Anyone with an update on KJ? Pretty quiet lately.

Comment

"Unofficial visit to Oklahoma State this Saturday!"... https://twitter.com/Silky_Sm00th1

Comment

Originally posted by mac117 View Post
                                "Unofficial visit to Oklahoma State this Saturday!"... https://twitter.com/Silky_Sm00th1
                                My niece is going to school down there. I wonder if I could convince her to show him how terrible of an idea it would be to move out of Wichita after his senior year of high school...
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X