Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pipe dream, but it would be crazy awesome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe dream, but it would be crazy awesome.

It won't happen, but how sweet would it be if 3g could convince Myles Turner to play his one year at WSU. A 7' foot 240 lbs potential #1 pick paired with the best backcourt in the country. Imagine the things fred would be able to do with that kind of talent down low. We would be unstoppable. It would totally change our lack of size and depth down low. Carter could spend more time at the 4 where he is more suited. It would allow Bush and Shaq to come off the bench where they probably belong next year. Like I said, it won't happen, but a man can dream right lol

Well, if Joel don't go pro, Myles hasta sign somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Well, if Joel don't go pro, Myles hasta sign somewhere.
      SMU or UT
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        SMU or UT
        You are right, but you would think WSU would be a pretty amazing situation for a highly regarded big man to spend 1 year. We have 3 guards coming back who are all highly regarded. He would have arguably the best pg in the country setting him up. He would have almost not competition for minutes. We are almost guaranteed to get another top tier seed next year. If we did make it deep in the tourney or even win it all he would become a legend at the school.

Comment

But Marshall doesn't "feature" players. The system that makes the team successful is not ideal for 1 and dones.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            But Marshall doesn't "feature" players. The system that makes the team successful is not ideal for 1 and dones.
            While the system is what makes the team successful, that doesn't mean a one-and-done player couldn't fit into it.
            The Assman

Comment

I'm not saying if a one and one player came here our offense would run through him. I'm saying the situation is set up nicely for him to shine. He would have other pieces to take the pressure off him. If turner came to WSU I do not expect him to lead the team in scoring. I think baker is almost a lock to lead the team next year. I think if turner started for WSU next year he would probably average something like 13.5 ppg 8 rpg 2.5 bpg.

Comment

Malcolm Armstead was a one and done that ran the show for a year. Experienced players with deep skills are welcome to enroll at WSU.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  While the system is what makes the team successful, that doesn't mean a one-and-done player couldn't fit into it.
                  Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Malcolm Armstead was a one and done that ran the show for a year. Experienced players with deep skills are welcome to enroll at WSU.
                  I agree on both counts. Skilled players that are one-and-done are welcome at WSU and would fit in. In fact, I believe the team would be better and the player likely would be as well. However, if the players desire is to showcase his skill, there are better systems in which such a player could do that. Early, for example, could have been a 20+ point scorer at another school. Whether it would truly benefit said player to showcase their individual ability versus fitting into a system is debatable, but MOST kids that the NBA scouts drool over are using their year as an opportunity to showcase their talent. If I was like-minded, and not a fan of WSU, Wichita would not be my first choice.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Armstead was not one and done.

He had a redshirt year to learn the system.

Comment

If we are talking about pipe dreams, look at high school sophomore Thon Maker, perhaps the quickest 7'1" player ever. I think he's the freakiest athlete I've seen in a decade.

Comment

There s a thread on him somewhere, I believe. He's definitely a freak athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          There s a thread on him somewhere, I believe. He's definitely a freak athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            If we are talking about pipe dreams, look at high school sophomore Thon Maker, perhaps the quickest 7'1" player ever. I think he's the freakiest athlete I've seen in a decade.
                            Kentucky right???
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                              I expect Maker will earn well into 6 figures for his one year in college.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X