Aaron Simpson '14 5-11 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Simpson '14 5-11 g

WSU, Bradley and Iona going hard after the former Illinois State commit now at NJCAA Div 2, Lincoln College.

In the fast lane

aaron simpson is going to have an ALL-STATE senior season,verbally committed to illinois state, here he is running in open gym at the fieldhouse in waukegan ...

North Chicago Senior Aaron Simpson and Normal Community Senior Anthony Beane both combined for 60pts as the two future illinois state teammates faced off in ...

Comment

From the article, he sounds like an impressive player -- but where does he fit at WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        From the article, he sounds like an impressive player -- but where does he fit at WSU?
        Think Malcom Armstead

Comment

A junior point guard backing up our junior point guard.

Comment

Well, I'm thinking about a freshman PG named Corey Henderson backing up WSU's junior PG (and All-American PG candidate), kind of like a freshman named Fred VanVleet backed up the senior Armstead. That seemed to work out okay.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Well, I'm thinking about a freshman PG named Corey Henderson backing up WSU's junior PG (and All-American PG candidate), kind of like a freshman named Fred VanVleet backed up the senior Armstead. That seemed to work out okay.
              Corey has some of the best handles I've ever seen from a HS player. I love his demeanor too.
              The Assman

Comment

And the other great things about Henderson, Shurtz, are his size, his pedigree (love the coaches' sons), and that what supposedly sold him on WSU was watching the Shocks practice. Based on the fearsome reputation of Marshall's practices, anyone who wants a piece of that is a guy I want on my side.

I trust the coaches to know what they're doing -- how can we not? -- but I think the 2014-15 PG situation is fine just as it is, and I'd be surprised if Simpson is a Shocker next year unless something unexpected happens in terms of player personnel.

Comment

Unless Simpson is the next Derrick Rose I am real comfortable with Corey Henderson at the PG. Besides we don't need the drama of having a FORMER Ilsu recruit on the roster as some ilsu fans think as a get even move for them getting Teddy. Not that I care what ilsu fans think I still like CH.

Comment

Marshall is just trying to find the best available player to use this scholarship. Corey has to earn his PT no matter who we have on the roster and I'm sure he hasn't been told otherwise. If you can find someone that would make your team better, you take him.

Comment

Guys keep in mind that Baker is really a big pg playing the 2, I've always kind of had the feeling that possibly Marshall had Henderson in mind as Baker's replacement. We've seen how effective it has been basically playing two point guards both very capable of scoring at the same time.

Comment

Also Ria'n Holland is a SG learning to be a PG.

Comment

Sorry if this has been already talked about, but someone has mentioned use of a scholarship. Where did this scholarship come from, cause unless someone who is currently on this commit list or a current play has made it known he is not coming back, we are full for 2014!

Comment

Originally posted by JEE View Post
                            Sorry if this has been already talked about, but someone has mentioned use of a scholarship. Where did this scholarship come from, cause unless someone who is currently on this commit list or a current play has made it known he is not coming back, we are full for 2014!
                            It's ok, this happens every year. We appear to be full, but still recruit hard. Never know what is going to happen (injury, transfer, etc.). The coaching staff is just being prepared. They can count.

We will know when something is made official.
                            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

My response was based on poster #10 comments. I find it hard to believe that someone or some indication has presented itself to the coaching staff becasue they have offered 7 other players (very good players) scholarships.

Comment

Working...
                              X