Landry Shamet '15 cg 6-4 *VERBAL COMMITMENT TO WSU*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry Shamet '15 cg 6-4 *VERBAL COMMITMENT TO WSU*

According to Suellentrop, visited the Shockers for the Indiana State game. He plays for Park Hill in KC, MO.

Watch Landry Shamet's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Park Hill High School - BETA Boys Basketball / PG, SG / Class of 2015 / Kansas City, MO
    In the fast lane

@LanboGreezy23: Today was a good day. Wichita state was great. Great atmosphere, great experience, great visit. ���� http://twitter.com/LanboGreezy23/sta...131968/photo/1
    In the fast lane

Comment

Who is this cat? Is he a baller?
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Who is this cat? Is he a baller?
        Two highlight videos are in the first link to help you decide.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Long arms, good handles, maybe some Toure in him. Can see why coaches like him.

Comment

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops 3m
            Colorado's Tad Boyle and Wichita State's Gregg Marshall watching 2015 SG Landry Shamet in 1st live period game. #jayhawkinvite
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

here is an article about Landry this weekend:

" 2015 three-star Landry Shamet also had a nice bounce-back day after a slow start on Friday night. With his ability to hit jumpers from deep, create off the dribble and find teammates for easy baskets he showed why he has offers fromColorado, Creighton, Wichita State, Drake and Northern Iowa. The Shockers Gregg Marshall stalked him for the first few days and he mentioned other interest from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State (who he visited during the winter) and Iowa State. Shamet said he would like to have a solid five by the end of the summer and mentioned Wichita State (where he has also been unofficially) as one likely to get an official visit."

The full article is here:

Comment

He visited WSU today. Has also been to K-State, Colorado and Missouri.

Comment

I've had the opportunity to watch about 25 of Landry's summer games with the KC Pumas because I've been putting together a highlight reel for his teammate--Topeka Seaman 2015 SG Joe Miller, a low-major prospect with the potential to pick up a mid-major offer with a strong July.

Back to Shamet, he's definitely very comfortable with his ballhandling at the point, which you like to see in a 6-4 player. He can get to the rim on pick-and-roll situations and is a very intriguing player because of his size and athleticism. He's put down some very impressive dunks this summer, which appear to catch his opponents off guard. He's the Pumas' best player, but you have to watch him multiple times to appreciate his game because they are a solid passing team as opposed to having Shamet shoot all of the time so sometimes he doesn't put up big stat lines. However, he's more than capable of taking over games and has a very good skill set, which includes a solid mid-range and perimeter shot in addition to his ballhandling ability. Another intriguing part about him is that he should continue to improve.
                  TopekaHoops.com
                  topekahoops@gmail.com
                  Twitter: @TopekaHoops

Comment

Recruit’s play generates attention

As a junior, Park Hill (Mo.) guard Landry Shamet entered the season with little recruiting attention.

That changed in one dramatic December night. He scored 19 points and beat Blue Springs (Mo.) South with a three-pointer. His play against Kevin Puryear, a forward with a reputation, impressed the right people.

“I had five phone calls the next day,” Shamet said. “It went from no attention to almost everything I have now.”

Shamet, a 6-foot-4 senior, visited Wichita State last week to watch practice, watch film and tour the campus. He came to two games last season and lists WSU among his top three choices, with Kansas State and Colorado. Others — such as Creighton and Missouri — are in the picture. He won’t think about narrowing his list until August, after he recovers from a busy July playing for the Kansas City Pumas.
                    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/28/353...#storylink=cpy

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

@TopekaHoops:: Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall & K-State coach Bruce Weber among 25 coaches watching the Pumas w/ Landry Shamet, Joe Miller & more
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

From Colorado Rivals StampedeElite writer:

Top CU hoops target Landry Shamet, a combo guard from the Class of 2015, said he tried not to pay attention to the coaches that were watching him throughout the month of July but he couldn't help notice the presence of the Buffs' staff. "Coach Boyle actually came to a lot of games. That is one coach that I did kind of notice. Tad Boyle was there a lot. They got a lot of the assistant coaches to come down to watch me, too. They had a different coach every weekend along with Boyle," said Shamet, who also noticed Kansas State and Wichita State coaches at some of his games. Those there were his top three entering July, and he took unofficial visits to all three schools in June. Nebraska and Memphis offered him after the first weekend of the July evaluation period. "They have mentioned that they did kind of join the party a little late but I was saying the whole time it is not over yet and once I get through July, I will figure it out," he said. Shamet's AAU coaches have told him some other colleges were out to watch him and have said they'll be getting in touch soon. "I am expecting some [calls] today or the next couple days," he said. "My plan all along was to get through July, wait and see what happens, then start trying to narrow it down in mid-August and take my official visits in September and October." He said he has some "gut feelings" about which schools he'll visit officially but didn't want to go on the record about it. From talking with him, I get the sense that Shamet will return to Boulder on an official visit. "Obviously the campus at Colorado is just absolutely gorgeous. I don't know if I'll see a prettier campus and better atmosphere," he said. "I like the situation I would be stepping into potentially if I went there, a lot of pluses. I like the coaching staff a lot, too." I'll have a front page write-up on Shamet up tomorrow morning.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Shamet's first prediction popped up on 247sports today. Colorado and the Fighting Tad Boyles. http://247sports.com/Player/Landry-Shamet-58955

Comment

NM
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X