Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Jamison PF 2014 offered

I didn't see him mentioned before.
    His twitter account says that he has been offered by Wichita State.

He is a 6-9 juco. PF from Missouri- State West Plains. Here are a couple of links:

Just a freshman? Putting up decent numbers (8 and 6) while playing a little under 20 minutes a game.

Comment

Soph......thought he was on here before.

Comment

In answer to your questions, he is a freshman.

I did an advanced search before posting and didn't see any name listed.

Comment

Class of 14? So he had a redshirt year there? I looked for him as well and couldn't find him. Coulda swore......

Comment

dunno, listed as both a freshman and as a soph. Pitt might be attractive to him, close to his home.

Comment

Jamison graduated from high school several years ago and had a scholarship to Ohio State for baseball. He had a 95 mph fastball. I don't know the whole story but assume he has been playing in the minor leagues.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I spoke with an assistant coach at West-Plains, Bryan Bender this morning.
                He told me that Jamison came to West Plains with 10 credit hours.

He was a freshman when he started. He took extra classes and is now an academic sophomore.
                He is on course to graduate this spring. The roster and videos are both correct.
                We were all right. He was a freshman when he started, and a sophomore now.

He graduated from high school in 2009. He did play minor league baseball for a few years before going to West Plains.

Comment

So he would only have 2 years remaining to play?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    So he would only have 2 years remaining to play?
                    As an academic sophomore in his first year of JUCO basketball, he could graduate this spring and transfer to a D-I institution with three years of eligibility remaining. As a bonus, he would be 23 in his first year of D-I.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      As an academic sophomore in his first year of JUCO basketball, he could graduate this spring and transfer to a D-I institution with three years of eligibility remaining. As a bonus, he would be 23 in his first year of D-I.
                      I don't know anything about this young man's ability to play basketball, but that situation has Gregg Marshall written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I don't know anything about this young man's ability to play basketball, but that situation has Gregg Marshall written all over it.
                        exactly what I thought

Comment

Is he still playing baseball, or is this a minor league variation on the saga of Johnny Coy?

Comment

Pretty sure you lose your amateur status in that sport if you played it professionally.

Comment

Yes, you do -- Jamison could not play baseball for WSU. What I was referring to was the time commitment required to play baseball (probably even greater to play professionally), which as we saw with Coy was more of a distraction than Marshall was willing to accept. That's why I was curious if he was still playing. It's hard to imagine Marshall being comfortable with someone who isn't all about school and basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X