Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush Wamukota 7 Foot C 2014 - is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got some scoring possibilities for 2014-'15. The rules changes seem to favor slashers. Best defense against slashers is a post player who rejects everything near the hoop.

Inside/outside game is minimized with the rules changes. Post player doesn't need to score or be able to catch or pass. All he's got to do is move out of the way of the slasher, but close enough that the slasher can pass to him for a flush if the other teams' big guy goes for the block.

I just described a one-on-one game. The only thing the big guys do is stuff on breakdowns by the D and block shots. Isn't that NBA ball?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        No.

That is all.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          No.

That is all.
          Assuming that link to his stats I found is correct, it's bizarre to say the least. He had one standout game. No other game showed anything remarkable. Had more than four points in just four games. Only four games with more than four rebounds.

The most blocked shots he had in a game? 1. Total blocks for the season? 3. THREE! And that was at an NAIA school. NAIA. Below Division II.

He better be a quick, quick leaner if he's ever going to be anything beyond a project. And maybe he is. Official visits aren't handed out like candy, so the coaching staff must see something to use one of their official visits on him.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Assuming that link to his stats I found is correct, it's bizarre to say the least. He had one standout game. No other game showed anything remarkable. Had more than four points in just four games. Only four games with more than four rebounds.

The most blocked shots he had in a game? 1. Total blocks for the season? 3. THREE! And that was at an NAIA school. NAIA. Below Division II.

He better be a quick, quick leaner if he's ever going to be anything beyond a project. And maybe he is. Official visits aren't handed out like candy, so the coaching staff must see something to use one of their official visits on him.
            And not tip over while leaning.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Well, Royal, I know you are old and cranky, but I want Bush.

Comment

Pan down.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  And not tip over while leaning.
                  A player with a quick lean is nothing to sneeze at!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Well, Royal, I know you are old and cranky, but I want Bush.
                    Because I'm not that old, I'm trying very hard not to chuckle at that last part right now.

Comment

@ShockRef: will 'crap' when he hears the words, "we've got bush, we've got bush!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WStateU,
                        You are absolutely the master of cut and paste well timed clips.

It's why I place a call out for your services in other posts when they are needed.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded . View Post
                          Oh yeah.

T

...:cool:
                          Two comments.

1. Welcome back.
                          2. Be good.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

A great frame.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Does anyone else get the idea that Cold REALLY gets hyped over athletic 7' guys (i.e., EO)? Do we even know if this guy can walk and chew gum at the same time?

Comment

Just got back from shocker tip off luncheon. HCGM mentioned recruiting....said he had three commits and "working on a forth as we speak" .....if Bush was or is here I wonder if he was referring to him. Of course no names were mentioned. I can't say that this recruit is terribly exciting but if he commits It will be great to be wrong. Bottom Line, Marshal alluded to a forth signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X