Tim Rowe '14 pf/c 6-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Rowe '14 pf/c 6-9

@OntheRadarHoops: #OTRHoopsReport: Wichita State will be in to 14' C Tim Rowe @timrowe_42 Berkmar (GA) http://www.ontheradarhoops.com/2013/...f-oct-28-2013/ @BerkmarHoops @gregheiar

He plays for Berkmar Hi in Lilburn, Georgia. He has an offer from George Mason and the likes of Towson, Georgia Southern and Bingamton.
    In the fast lane

Tim Rowe, basketball, mixtape, 2014, recruiting, Ga stars, coach Mike, ebltv

Comment

He reminds me a little of Stutz. Good offensive skills both inside and out.

Comment

The above article says the Shockers have offered.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Every time I comment on a video of a kid I get criticized but I would think he would be a red shirt option. I think Stutz is a good comparison and I think Marshall is on record as saying that he wishes Stutz would have been red shirted but with what was left in the cupboard from Turgeon he didn't have an option.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
            Every time I comment on a video of a kid I get criticized but I would think he would be a red shirt option. I think Stutz is a good comparison and I think Marshall is on record as saying that he wishes Stutz would have been red shirted but with what was left in the cupboard from Turgeon he didn't have an option.
            A fair assessment. We'll see what progress he makes this season.

Comment

Don't know about anyone else, but I continue to be impressed at how the new names just keep coming.

Comment

I rarely, if ever, comment negatively on recruits. There's not one thing I saw in that video that intrigues me in the least. Unless he's actually 7'2" instead of 6'9", that appears to be a wasted trip for someone. Perhaps we're taking a quick peek to help out former Shocker Derek Brown at Newman?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I rarely, if ever, comment negatively on recruits. There's not one thing I saw in that video that intrigues me in the least. Unless he's actually 7'2" instead of 6'9", that appears to be a wasted trip for someone. Perhaps we're taking a quick peek to help out former Shocker Derek Brown at Newman?
                  I felt about the same based on the video link in post #2. However, this video might show you a little better overall game.

Comment

Yes, if you do some research on Rowe, some places he is listed at 6'9, some places list him at 6'10, and others at 6'11. Some of his videos are earlier in his high school life, and others later. The ones earlier show him almost all back to the basket and quite raw. Some of his later videos show him more aggressive and quite good when facing the basket. When earlier, I said that he reminded me of Stutz, the videos were with him shooting the 3 more often, and sometimes driving. I don't mean that he is as much of a project (and therefore needs a redshirt because he may or may not need one) as Stutz, because his later videos show him to have better footwork and less awkwardness. However he reminds me of Stutz because his offense seems to be better than his defense, he can shoot with either hand, he can shoot the 3, and he is probably a good (for his size he looks quicker and a better athlete than Stutz but his wingspan may not be as long) but not great athlete. If he is a spring signee, I think that he is going to draw a lot more attention.

Comment

That is night a day from the first video posted. In the article that I posted he talks about only playing basketball competitively for a couple of years. Tell me if you have heard this about a shocker recruit, but he appears to be an under the radar kid. Like Shockmonster I thought Stutz was a good comparison after watching the first video but with the most recent video I think he looks more like Kyle Wilson. The improvement shown from one video to another is amazing and I guess I should not question Marshall on his talent evaluation.

Comment

Not trying to monopolize this thread but looks like we will be visiting the kid on his first day of practice. http://www.ontheradarhoops.com/2013/...f-oct-28-2013/

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                          ...I guess I should not question Marshall on his talent evaluation.
                          Best observation of the day.

Doc, keep in mind when you see an unimpressive video that Marshall and his staff have almost certainly seen a lot more than we have available to us, and if they think a player is worth an offer he's probably well worth it. As the signature line from one of our posters quotes HCGM, "We don't recruit backups."

Comment

That first video was posted April 2011 and Tim would have been a HS Freshman.

Love the progress that you see in the 2nd video from his Junior year.

He reminds me of a Gonzaga big.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                            X