No announcement yet.

Tyrone Houghton '14 c/pf 6-9 offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what his ppg are but he is described as a shot blocker, rebounder. Most his baskets are probably dunks.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      We're going after a guy who averages 3 a game?
      Our coaches must be pathetic evaluators. :)

Comment

Hmmph.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If I read it right, he averages playing 5 minutes per game.
          You can't read a lot into some Juco. stats.

Some coaches don't play a player as much once he gets recruiting attention.

Comment

I think this write up about his high school career may be a little more telling.

HIGH SCHOOL: Tyrone Haughton or "Ty” as he is referred to, came to Iowa Western with an impressive resume. The 6’9 forward was a Rivals.com 4-Star recruit and received offers from UCONN, Alabama, Virginia Tech, and Marshall (according to ESPN.com) before eventually signing with South Carolina. Haughton played for legendary coach Marcos "Shakey” Rodriguez at Dr. Krop high school in Miami, FL. In his senior season for the Lightning, Ty averaged 14 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 apg, and 6 blocks per contest. That balance on the stat sheet earned Haughton a spot in the Florida vs USA All-Star Game this past April. The long and bouncy Haughton has the unique ability to change the game on either end of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
              I think this write up about his high school career may be a little more telling.

HIGH SCHOOL: Tyrone Haughton or "Ty” as he is referred to, came to Iowa Western with an impressive resume. The 6’9 forward was a Rivals.com 4-Star recruit and received offers from UCONN, Alabama, Virginia Tech, and Marshall (according to ESPN.com) before eventually signing with South Carolina. Haughton played for legendary coach Marcos "Shakey” Rodriguez at Dr. Krop high school in Miami, FL. In his senior season for the Lightning, Ty averaged 14 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 apg, and 6 blocks per contest. That balance on the stat sheet earned Haughton a spot in the Florida vs USA All-Star Game this past April. The long and bouncy Haughton has the unique ability to change the game on either end of the floor.
              He sounds like a UConn, Syracuse, or Pitt type of center…NTM WSU.
              Livin the dream

Comment

He is number 44

Comment

Judas Priest, he can tie his shoes without bending over!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Judas Priest, he can tie his shoes without bending over!
                    Does that make him Tyrone Shoelace?
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                      With an El Dorado HS Alumnus officiating the game.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

He has not perfected the cross-over dribble (which I invented back in the early 70's)
                        I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Passes the eye test but not the athlete test. If he was white we'd call him a stiff....Pass

Comment

His first visit will be to Pitt. He will probably take a couple of more after that but pretty much knows his destination. Also considering offers from Fresno State, Memphis, Texas Tech, Tennessee and Wichita State.

hsttp://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?highlight=Wichita&CID=1615192
                            In the fast lane

Comment

He has verballed to Pitt.

Pitt lands a JUCO center
                              03/04/2014 Panther-lair.com
                              Tyrone Haughton planned to take more visits after seeing Pitt this weekend, but the JUCO center decided to end his recruitment and become a Panther.

Comment

Working...
                              X