Shevon Thompson '14 c 7-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shevon Thompson '14 c 7-0

The Jamaican native has interest from WSU, Robert Morris, George Mason and Valparaiso. He is at Harcum JC in Pennsylvania. Last year he was with Midland but only played in 12 games.

In the fast lane

Another 7' project?

Comment

Sounds like it.

Comment

All 7' footers are projects.

Even 1st round draft picks.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Well, not quite ALL, shizzle, but certainly the ones at whom WSU is likely to have a shot. But if you're going to be a project, you might as well be seven feet tall.

Comment

From Jamaica -- does he even have much basketball history? Being a 7' project with basketball knowledge derived from the usual route of playing for years in a system, and being a 7' project with little to no basketball knowledge (EO) are two very different things. Height only gets you so far.

Comment

I'd be willing to spend a scholarship on another EO.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I'd be willing to spend a scholarship on another EO.
                I would rather have a Carl Hall or Gabe Blair type player. EO could change the game defensively, but he could also change the game offensively, unfortunately.
                β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                  I would rather have a Carl Hall or Gabe Blair type player. EO could change the game defensively, but he could also change the game offensively, unfortunately.
                  I'm happy with where we got with EO. A 7-year saga/commitment that culminated in a Final Four. In the most epic of internet message board threads, did even the most optimistic among us predict that EO's senior year we would go to the Final Four?

Luckily, there are enough roster spots to take a chance on an EO-type player, and have Carl Hall or Gabe Blair type players.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    ................did even the most optimistic among us predict that EO's senior year we would go to the Final Four?

*cough*

Comment

Speaking of EO, I wonder if there is "Any news on Orukpe" lately...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        *cough*
                        I prefaced my comment correctly. :)

Comment

If EO could make a few free throws we may have won a national championship...
                          β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                            If EO could make a few free throws we may have won a national championship...
                            Ugh...you had to say that didn't you? Just as I was finally over that game you had to go and remind me that his misses were the final nail in the coffin, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Ugh...you had to say that didn't you? Just as I was finally over that game you had to go and remind me that Baker passing to him was the final nail in the coffin, IMO.
                              FYP
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                              X