Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devonte Graham - PG '14

This was mentioned on Shockwaves...

"The Division 1 coach said Appalachian State believes Graham was tampered with by another school after committing and thus are denying his release."

Ahhh...a case of tapering! Who done it?
    β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

According to this piece on NBC (full disclosure, the article's source is a tweet from Jeff *******), the school accused of tampering is NC State.

If they did try to steal him away from ASU, I don't blame them for not granting the release. Otherwise, what's the point of the NLI? And ASU is right, recruiting would be utter chaos.

Statement from ASU on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        According to this piece on NBC (full disclosure, the article's source is a tweet from Jeff *******), the school accused of tampering is NC State.

If they did try to steal him away from ASU, I don't blame them for not granting the release. Otherwise, what's the point of the NLI? And ASU is right, recruiting would be utter chaos.

Statement from ASU on the matter.
        For those of you who may only read the NBC link which includes some of ASU's statement, you should take time to read Appy State's full statement on the second link.

That said, what is preventing ASU from granting an amended release of Graham? No release for 1 year and no release to school(s) who they feel tampered with Graham for 2 years. Leave it up to the NCAA's investigation for any penalties to such school(s).

Comment

For some reason I don't think the NCAA allows conditional releases anymore. Does anyone know the rule?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            For some reason I don't think the NCAA allows conditional releases anymore. Does anyone know the rule?
            Illinois State could probably tell you exactly what the ins and outs are on releases, conditional and otherwise. :)

Comment

Looks like he got released from his LOI... I know we were in on him at some point. It'd sure be nice to get someone to back up FVV.

Graham.JPG
              "It is OVER... Ladies and Gentleman, say it slow and savor it... Wichita State is going to the Final Four for the first time in 48 years." - Mike Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Rick BW View Post
                Looks like he got released from his LOI... I know we were in on him at some point. It'd sure be nice to get someone to back up FVV.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1440[/ATTACH]
                We have.

His name is Corey Henderson Jr.
                The Assman

Comment

810 radio says KU on top of his list
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    810 radio says KU on top of his list
                    But they have Nude-ir Tharp?

Comment

KU is in desperate search for a reliable point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        KU is in desperate search for a reliable point guard.
                        Nadir is reliable. Just not in acceptable ways.

Comment

The 6-foot-1 point guard immediately becomes the most sought-after guard on the market, as he proved throughout this season at Brewster Academy (N.H.) that he can play with the best of the best.

Creighton head coach Greg McDermott checked Graham out recently, as did assistants from Kansas, Providence and Pittsburgh, sources told CBSSports.com. Virginia's Tony Bennett, Nebraska's Tim Miles and Providence's Ed Cooley were already scheduled to watch him this week, and Kansas' Bill Self is expected to check him out on Friday.

Brewster Academy head coach Jason Smith also gave out a list of schools who have contacted him since the news broke: Boston College, Cincinnati, Creighton, Florida, Florida State, George Mason, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Providence, South Florida, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Xavier.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

reliable to take a Bill Self(ie)

Comment

Working...
                            X