Kaylen Shane '14 6-9 c offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaylen Shane '14 6-9 c offered

Shane is a 260 pound pf at John A. Logan CC in Illinois. He's been offered by Illinois State, UAB, Washington State and WSU. Shocker staff were at John A.Logan this week.

Last edited by tropicalshox; September 24, 2013, 11:07 AM.
    In the fast lane

Better bump this guy up.
    In the fast lane

Comment

He's from the Chicago area. Has good lift. He was pretty new to basketball while in high school and needed to work on foot work. Sorry, can't find the link I read read a while back.
      In the fast lane

Comment

@cavwalsh: With Stephen Hurt off the board to Kansas State I expect to Wichita State to turn up the heat on John A. Logan's Kaylen Shane
        In the fast lane

Comment

Is it just me or does John A. Logan CC consistently pump out DI bigs?
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            @cavwalsh: With Stephen Hurt off the board...
            I wonder if that's what Steve Forbes thinks. As I've mentioned before, I'm a fan of Alabama football. In the process, I follow their recruiting (although not with trop's fervor, of course), and I know from observation that in serious, hard core football recruiting as done by those who do it best, having a player you want make a verbal commitment to someone else does NOT necessarily mean he's off the board -- it just moves him to a different section of the board: the guys to be "flipped" if possible and necessary.

Whether Marshall does that, too, or Forbes or anyone else on his staff, I don't know. But nothing would surprise me, and I for one don't count players (including the good guys like Zach Brown) until they've actually signed. The best salesmen didn't get to be that way by taking no for an answer the first time.

Comment

In Carl Hall's case, they did not get a no from him personally, so they made contact after the announement of a verbal to VCU. I think if they get a definite no from a recruit they move on. Of course the recruit would go to a different section of the board in case something changes. When Marshall discussed Hall's recruitment I believe he implied they would not of pursued him if he told them no.
              Last edited by tropicalshox; October 2, 2013, 08:41 PM.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Carl winding up here really put a butt hurt on a whole bunch of vcu folks.

Comment

Here is an article about Kaylen Shane when he was recruited to Logan.

WMC Action News 5 leads the Mid-South in breaking news and weather for Memphis, Germantown, Collierville, Bartlett, Olive Branch, Southaven and West Memphis.

Comment

Shane considers himself a back to the basket five. He is working on his face up game. He will decide among his upward to 20 offers sometime in early 2014. WSU, SLUand UAB all have a staff member he can relate to.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe you should change his thread listing to show him as a C/PF, trop -- or even as just a C. For one thing, center is probably a more accurate description of what he is right now; for another, it would help calm those who are nervous about WSU's lack of an obvious 2014-15 center. You can play center in the NBA these days at 6-9 and 260, so no one should have reason to worry that he's too small for D-1.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Maybe you should change his thread listing to show him as a C/PF, trop -- or even as just a C. For one thing, center is probably a more accurate description of what he is right now; for another, it would help calm those who are nervous about WSU's lack of an obvious 2014-15 center. You can play center in the NBA these days at 6-9 and 260, so no one should have reason to worry that he's too small for D-1.
                        done
                        In the fast lane

Comment

From the last article posted: Saint Louis stopped in on Tuesday and has been in a couple other times already. Additionally, Wichita State, Washington State, Purdue, UAB, Butler, and others have been in to see him. He wants to take some visits during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

How about a visit for the December 29 home game against Davidson? They're a credible opponent. Just make sure that HCWLM (Head Coach's Wife Lynn Marshall) leaves up the Christmas tree at home.

St. Louis may be conveniently located for their coaches to drop in, but that's where Shocker Airlines and The Plane come in. Use that budget and stay on top of this guy!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X