Joniah White '14 c 6-10 offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joniah White '14 c 6-10 offered

The 215 pound center from Madison, Mississippi (Central Hi) has offers from , Jackson State, Louisian Tech, Memphis, Murry State, Southern Mississippi and WSU according to Rival's database. He is a Rival's 3 star.
    In the fast lane

Hopefully this isn't an indicator of how things are going with Hurt. I really want him.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
      Hopefully this isn't an indicator of how things are going with Hurt. I really want him.
      We need at least two bigs in this class, so I don't think other names and offers being out there should worry anyone. Shaq could play either C or PF, so if we get one of each or two C we're good. And there's even the possibility of us going after three bigs.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        We need at least two bigs in this class, so I don't think other names and offers being out there should worry anyone. Shaq could play either C or PF, so if we get one of each or two C we're good. And there's even the possibility of us going after three bigs.
        Don't we now have 4 holes to fill? So, 3 bigs and a PG?

Comment

It's like shaving. Everyone has to do it, and if you miss a day, you'll look like a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Don't we now have 4 holes to fill? So, 3 bigs and a PG?
            We do now with the DJ situation. So a PG is definitely a need. But prior to that announcement we had 3 other 'ships unspoken for. At least 2 will go to bigs and maybe a 3rd. That "3rd" could go to any position and may go to the best available type of talent no matter the position. But we will definitely be getting at least two bigs and having another 6'10"+ option would be great. And we also have to remember that Carter will be a SR, so if we bring in a JC guy, we'll almost certainly bring in at least one HS kid if not two for depth purposes. I have no doubt that 3G and company will get what they need, but this class will go a long way in deciding where this program goes because of the post.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree with Sub, even if we were to get Hurt, we need a HS big to develop much like 3G has done over the years. Would this also be an indication that our chances of picking up O'Mara are getting slimmer? It would also seem that we're late to the game with this youngster so I'd be surprised if he picked WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                I agree with Sub, even if we were to get Hurt, we need a HS big to develop much like 3G has done over the years. Would this also be an indication that our chances of picking up O'Mara are getting slimmer? It would also seem that we're late to the game with this youngster so I'd be surprised if he picked WSU.
                I'm not sure our chances for O'Mara were ever that good. There have been indications for some time that Loyola was high on the list due to its locality, and other schools on the list seem closer to home than WSU. Same can be said for HaHa Lee. Geographically, we seem to be an outlier up against a list of schools closer to home. Whenever you have a list of 5 schools that are not dispersed geographically, that might be a good sign that location matters.

To get back to your question, it is always good to keep a deep list of candidates...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  The 215 pound center from Madison, Mississippi (Central Hi) has offers from , Jackson State, Louisian Tech, Memphis, Murry State, Southern Mississippi and WSU according to Rival's database. He is a Rival's 3 star.
                  @tropicalshox:, your message box is full.

Comment

We don't actually know who is plan A and who is plan B, do we?

Comment

We don't -- we don't even know how deep into the alphabet the list of candidates extends. But the coaches do, and in Marshall's time here he and his staff have shown an abundance of both skill and adaptability when it comes to player personnel.

Comment

Exactly. We may prefer White to O'Mara.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          @tropicalshox:, your message box is full.
                          Fixed.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            We don't actually know who is plan A and who is plan B, do we?
                            I think Hurt is Plan A. But after that and at every other position, I agree that we don't know who their top targets are. We only know what we prefer.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Agreed, Sub -- at center, it would greatly surprise me if Hurt is not plan A, for a number of reasons. Apart from that, though, we've seen so many reports of visits, visitors, and possibilities that to the outsider there are more "plans" and letters than we can even try to figure out.

I also think your observation about geography is a good one: when you have a bunch of schools in one area recruiting a guy from that area, and then WSU trying to swoop in from outside, you have to believe that the Shocks are facing an uphill battle. But if any staff can win an uphill battle it's this one, and it's not like they have to stock a complete roster -- even in the absence of DJ there are only four spots they expect to have to fill, with many more offers than that outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X