Bakary Konate, a 6'11, 205 pound center from Mali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakary Konate, a 6'11, 205 pound center from Mali

You guys know much about Mr. Konate? I guess he is a prep school center there in Wichita. Coach Marshall have any interest? Is this old news? Just came across it myself. Bakary Konate, a 6'11, 205 pound center from Mali. Konate , Sunrise Christian Academy

No we don't but since your coach was in Wichita watching him I'm sure Gregg Marshall is also aware of him.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Louisville is Konate's first offer. He has been in the States four months.

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.
      In the fast lane

Comment

So with the Pitinos in town a few weeks ago did anyone see them around?

Do they have dinner with HCGM?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          So with the Pitinos in town a few weeks ago did anyone see them around?

Do they have dinner with HCGM?
          No. I think Rick likes Italian food.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            If your wife's a waitress and she came home late a few weeks ago get a DNA test done, you might have hit the child support payment lottery!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

But you only need to get the test done only if she's really really late.

Comment

I don't think Pitino is allowed to stay in restaurants after closing time anymore. Word gets around.

Comment

Every neighborhood needs a good bakery.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    Italian waitresses.

Damn it, RDR. That was crude.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

In the article about Brown to Sunrise, it mentioned that coach Marshall also watched Bakary.

In the fast lane

Comment

Would have been nice if WSU was his first offer.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Louisville just got a commitment from a 2014 Center. Maybe we can go after this guy hard

Comment

Well, 6-11 and 205 is going to need a lot of protein shakes (or, in honor of Pitino, Italian food) and work with Kerry Rosenboom to be a serious D-1 center. I'm not Sub, so I'd trade some height for 40-50 pounds of muscle (and no corresponding loss of mobility) in a heartbeat.

Comment

If this kid is legit, he can get up to 215-220 for his FR year. That can be worked with. If he could eventually get to 240, I think he'd be fine. Anything over that would be great. I don't know anything about this guy or if he has the type of frame where weight gain wouldn't be an issue, but if he's good enough for Louisville, I'm definitely intrigued.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X