Alex Gorski to SCA, not WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Gorski to SCA, not WSU

This just posted on Tweeter and retweeted by the Sunrise Christian coach. I couldn't find much on him other than he was a guard for Uppsala, Sweden.

@ChristopheEPcom: Late commitment: Alex Gorski from Sweden to Wichita State
    In the fast lane

6-3 guard. Played for the Swedish u18 national team in the European championships in 2012.

Sat bench for Uppsala Basket last year.

Alexander Aka Gorski. Highlights from the u18 European Championship 2012.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Comment

1. Is this guy a walk-on or does he have a scholarship?
        2. Is he on campus now and eligible to play this fall?
        3. Is he a commit for next season?
        4. Can he do anything but shoot?

Comment

Another source says he was considering Oregon State, Boise State, Maine and St. Mary's

This list features European-based players that have committed to a NCAA College or created interest from a Division 1 school. The list will be updated on a regular basis. UPDATE: 24-8-2013 Class of 2011 -- Class of 2012 -- Class of 2014 North America based players General Information Europeanprospects.com offers a Subscription Service for
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

nm
            Last edited by WstateU; August 26, 2013, 10:44 AM. Reason: Poop!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dunno. Searching twitter there was a tweet in June stating that Gorski was still available for 2013. Maybe a walkon? Lol who knows?

Being that it says "late commitment" would have to be for this year? Right?
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Wonder if the original tweet was in error? Sunrise Academy did retweet it but then also replied to the tweet and just said "Sunrise Academy in Wichita". Could he maybe be coming to Sunrise and the original tweeter saw Wichita and assumed Wichita State?

Confusing....
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwedishBBall/status/371939781359316992

Comment

One of the links listed him as a 6'5" SF. The highlight video showed him hitting a lot of mostly open 3 balls. Look at the stats in the links, and he's around a 33% shooter from 3. He got to the hoop a couple of times in the highlight shots, but I wouldn't describe him as quick or athletic.

If Gorski is 2013, then he's got to be a walkon due to the scholarship situation. The court minutes for guys in the 6'3" - 6'5" range wouldn't seem attractive to anyone looking for PT.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If he's a walk-on for this year I'd say great!!

If he's committing for next year for a scholarship, I'm a little skeptical, especially w/ the kids we're currently looking at. Admittedly, I have zero info on this kid other than what's been posted above. However, I know European ball normally doesn't "play angry". Though, they're normally more fundamentally sound offensively than the kids in the states.

Comment

He is going to Sunrise. WSU knows nothing about him. The original tweet was messed up according Coach Kyle.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Title Addendum is needed
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If he's scholarship worthy, I'd expect him to redshirt this year and possibly get a 'ship next. Which would then leave us with two spots for bigs which are much needed in next years class.

Although there's a chance that he verballed to us and ends up at Sunrise this year?...

Clarification will be nice at some point.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nevermind, I guess trop clarified while I was reading/typing/working.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X